HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., Jan. 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Now that it's officially 2019, any trends from 2018 are so last year. Is your backyard still so 2018? Or is it even worse, going back two, three, or four years in trends? Well, this year it might be time for a facelift. LOOP-LOC, manufacturer of pool covers, knows the 5 biggest backyard design trends of 2019. Follow along below to bring your outdoor space up to the latest and greatest outdoor design has to offer.
- Fresh lighting. Replacing your old light fixtures will give you a practically new backyard. Seek out some hanging lanterns, string lights, and maybe even a few softly glowing, floating pool lights to give your whole backyard more ambiance and warmth. Light makes a space feel inviting, and while fire pits are great for staying warm, their glow can be lackluster when it comes to lighting a backyard. Plus, many people live in cities that prevent them from having fire pits, so these fun lighting options provide a great alternative, especially if they twinkle.
- Outdoor shower. Building your own small outdoor escapade may seem extraneous, but the pay-off is well worth it. Being one with nature while taking a warm or cool shower can be very tranquil and relaxing, along with the additional convenience of having what is essentially a pet shower outdoors for when Fido gets too excited in the mud. This outdoor space can be romantic, meditative, or useful, along with adding a touch of structure and class to your backyard space.
- Hammock nest. Everyone loves a good hammock nap under the sun, so why not incorporate this ecstasy into your own outdoor living space? Find a group of trees close enough together to tie on two or three hammocks – you need to include the family, after all. Combine this trend with some ambient lighting from trend #1, and bam, you have a Zen, calm place to chill outside on beautiful sunny days.
- Infinity pool. While it seems like this has been a trend forever, it's really only just starting to pick up in the private backyard space. Most infinity pools are at spa and hospitality establishments, not in your neighbor's backyard. However, these picturesque pools can be amazing when paired with the right designer liner and edgeless frame overlooking a view of your choice. Plus, who doesn't want their own picture perfect pool backdrop?
- Environmentally conscious design. Being environmentally friendly never goes out of style, so neither does green design. Incorporating composting, a small garden, and even some plants that attract ladybugs (cilantro, dill, fennel) and butterflies (goldenrods, yellow coneflowers) into your backyard can make it all the more nature friendly. Plus, you can grow your own fruits, herbs, and veggies in the garden and enjoy some great farm fresh meals in your home kitchen, ready to be eaten outside among the beauty of nature.
Of course, trends are trends and what matters most is that you feel as though you are getting everything you want and expect out of your outdoor space, no matter how big, small, or weirdly shaped it is. Embrace your own tastes (because they probably rock!) and be realistic with your needs to create the perfect outdoor oasis for you and your family.
About LOOP-LOC: There's only one company known for manufacturing safety pool covers strong and tough enough to support an elephant: the legendary LOOP-LOC. LOOP-LOC is a global leader in the pool industry with a 200,000-square-foot headquarters in Hauppauge, New York, and 300 employees. Through its network of dealers, the company has sold safety swimming pool covers on every continent on earth except Antarctica. LOOP-LOC now also manufactures a line of luxury in-ground pool liners—with more exclusive designer patterns than any other company—as well as the BABY-LOC removable fencing, a convenient, cost-effective additional layer of protection to help deter toddlers from gaining access to a swimming pool.