NEW YORK, Oct. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- L'Oréal Paris today announced the 2016 Women of Worth Honorees: 10 women from across the country who selflessly and passionately volunteer their time and energy to serve their communities. Women of Worth is inspired by the L'Oréal Paris belief that "Every Woman is Worth It" and honors the intrinsic beauty and worth of everyday women committing their lives to making a difference. With stories born out of adversity and tragedy, the Women of Worth are champions of a range of causes. From connecting underserved children with mentors through video, to finding vacation homes for families of women with Stage IV metastatic breast cancer, to providing law enforcement data to help eradicate child predators, the Women of Worth are tackling society's most pressing issues in their own innovative ways.
L'Oréal Paris provides each Women of Worth Honoree national recognition through networking opportunities, marketing support, a platform to tell her story and $10,000 to support her charitable cause. The public is invited to support the Women of Worth by sharing their stories and voting for a National Honoree who will receive an additional $25,000. Read the 2016 Women of Worth Honorees' stories at WomenofWorth.com and vote for the woman who most resonates to become National Honoree. Vote daily through Oct. 28, 2016. Go to WomenofWorth.com for more details.
- Visit WomenofWorth.com and register with an e-mail address to vote once per day
- "Like" a post about an Honoree on the L'Oréal Paris Facebook page
- Re-tweet a mention about one of the Women of Worth made by L'Oréal Paris on Twitter
"The 2016 Women of Worth are passionate and vibrant women united in a mission to improve the lives of others," said Karen T. Fondu, President of L'Oréal Paris. "Through their actions, the Women of Worth demonstrate an inner strength that is transformative to their communities and the embodiment of our L'Oréal Paris belief that celebrates the intrinsic worth and beauty of every woman."
MEET THE 2016 WOMEN OF WORTH HONOREES
Selected by a distinguished panel of judges, including leaders in business and media, the 2016 Honorees were chosen from a record number of nominations for their unwavering commitment, drive and desire to better the lives of those around them.
- Monica Gray – New York, N.Y.; Founder, DreamWakers, a nonprofit dedicated to connecting underserved children with educational career support and mentorship by using the power of free video technologies to virtually connect professional leaders and diverse role models with 4th-12th grade students.
- Sandra Gunn – Arnold, Md.; Founder, LESLIE'S WEEK, a nonprofit that donates vacation homes to families of women with Stage IV Metastatic Breast Cancer.
- Marian Hamilton – Armonk, N.Y.; Founder, The Ken Hamilton Caregivers Center, an "oasis" for caregivers at Northern Westchester Hospital to take time for themselves and to freely receive assistance and emotional counseling from a team of two social workers or 34 volunteers.
- Jessica Kidd – Ruther Glen, Va.; Founder, Gracie's Gowns, a nonprofit donating personalized hospital gowns to children battling life-threatening conditions.
- Diane Latiker – Chicago, Ill.; Founder, Kids Off the Block, an organization that helps low-income, at-risk youth find positive alternatives to gangs, drugs, truancy, violence, and the juvenile justice system.
- Nadya Okamoto – Portland, Ore.; Formerly homeless teen who founded Camions of Care to provide menstrual hygiene management services to women in need.
- Debbie Sardone – Flower Mound, TX; Founder of Cleaning for a Reason, inspires residential cleaning service firms to offer four months of free, monthly household cleaning sessions for women with cancer.
- Orlaith Staunton – New York, N.Y.; Co-founder of Rory Staunton Foundation for Sepsis Prevention, an organization that raises awareness about Sepsis prevention she established after losing her son Rory to Sepsis in 2012.
- Kathy Tillotson – Huntington Beach, Calif.; Founder, Build Futures, an organization that gets homeless kids off the streets quickly, finds them permanent housing and helps them become self-sufficient.
- Carly Yoost – Boca Raton, Fla.; Co-founder, Child Rescue Coalition, a non-profit organization that has developed global technology to help law enforcement officials worldwide rescue children from predators and potential sexual attacks.
To learn more about Women of Worth, read the Honorees' stories and vote for the 2016 Women of Worth National Honoree, visit WomenofWorth.com, and L'Oréal Paris on Facebook (www.facebook.com/lorealparis) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/lorealparisusa). Follow the conversation using the hashtag #WomenofWorth.
ABOUT L'ORÉAL PARIS
The L'Oréal Paris division of L'Oréal USA, Inc. is a total beauty care brand dedicated to empowering women by offering the most luxurious and innovative products and services available in the mass market. The brand's signature tagline, "Because I'm Worth It," was born in the United States in 1971 to celebrate the beauty and intrinsic self-worth of women, and for more than 100 years, L'Oréal Paris has been providing women around the world with products in four major beauty categories: hair color, haircare, skincare and cosmetics. With L'Oréal's invention of hair color in 1909, the brand continues to serve as the leading innovator of hair products across color, care, and styling with brands such as Superior Preference, Féria, Excellence Crème, Advanced Haircare, Advanced Hairstyle, Elnett Satin Hairspray, the Ever collection, and OleoTherapy. As the #1 skin aging expert worldwide, L'Oréal Paris provides scientifically-advanced skincare products that are clinically proven to address individual skin concerns through its renowned brands Revitalift, Age Perfect, Sublime Bronze, and Advanced Suncare. In 2014, L'Oréal Paris changed the way women interact with makeup by introducing Makeup Genius, an app that allows users to scan a L'Oréal Paris product or advertisement to virtually try on individual products or curated looks. L'Oréal Paris' iconic cosmetics collections include Infallible, True Match, Colour Riche, Voluminous, and Visible Lift. For more information about L'Oréal Paris and to receive personalized advice, expert tips, and exclusive content , please visit http://www.lorealparisusa.com/ or follow on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr @LOrealParisUSA.
Golin for L'Oréal Paris
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/loreal-paris-announces-2016-women-of-worth-honored-for-making-an-extraordinary-impact-in-their-communities-300341506.html
SOURCE L’Oréal Paris