NEW YORK, March 29, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- L'Oréal USA is proud to announce that it has, for the second consecutive year, scored a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2019 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) and been named a "Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality."
The Corporate Equality Index is the nation's premier benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer equality. The CEI assesses non-discrimination policies and equal employment opportunities; equivalent benefits for workers and their families; company-wide education and accountability programs to encourage LGBTQ inclusion competency; and a public commitment to the LGBTQ community. These include domestic partner benefits across gender identities and sexual orientations as well as transgender-inclusive protections.
"L'Oréal is committed to promoting and celebrating diversity in all forms, across our company and the industry as a whole," said Xavier Vey, President of L'Oréal Luxe USA and Executive Sponsor of OUT@L'Oréal, L'Oréal USA's LGBTQ employee-driven Think Tank. "Our mission of 'Beauty for All' means making beauty accessible to and inclusive of everyone. I am committed to ensuring that LGBTQ employees' voices are heard, and every individual is empowered to be their true self at work."
In addition to receiving its perfect score on HRC's Corporate Equality Index, L'Oréal USA has taken additional steps to support the LGBTQ community, including:
- Launching several employee-driven Think Tanks focused on various dimensions of workforce diversity, including OUT@L'Oréal, which advances initiatives that protect LGBTQ rights and promote well-being across the organization.
- Partnering with the Ali Forney Center, an organization dedicated to protecting LGBTQ youth from the harms of homelessness, for an LGBTQ Career and Education Panel engaging employees during L'Oréal USA's annual Volunteer Day.
- Achieving a top 10 ranking in the 2018 Thompson Reuters Diversity & Inclusion Index, an index measuring the corporate performance of 5,000 companies worldwide against multiple factors that define diverse and inclusive workplaces.
- Adopting the United Nation Human Rights Office's standards of conduct for business, which are designed to combat discrimination against the LGBTQ community.
- Marching in the NYC Pride March; over 500 L'Oréal USA employees, representing the company's portfolio of over 30 brands, marched together in 2018.
"Diversity, respect, and having a sense of belonging are central to our culture at L'Oréal," said Angela Guy, Senior Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion at L'Oréal USA. "We celebrate the differences that make us beautiful and champion the LGBTQ community both internally and externally. We are always working to be better advocates on behalf of our workforce, customers, and consumers and are honored that HRC has recognized our efforts for a second year in a row."
About L'Oréal USA
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the world's leading beauty company. L'Oréal USA manages a portfolio of more than 30 iconic beauty brands, including Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Lancôme, La Roche-Posay, L'Oréal Paris and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. L'Oréal USA also serves as the international hub for the product development and marketing strategy for L'Oréal's 21 American brands: AcneFree, Baxter of California, Carol's Daughter, CeraVe, Clarisonic, Dermablend, essie, IT Cosmetics, Kiehl's, Matrix, Maybelline New York, Mizani, NYX Professional Makeup, Pureology, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Redken, Seed Phytonutrients, Softsheen-Carson, SkinCeuticals and Urban Decay. Generating more than $7 billion in sales annually, L'Oréal USA is committed to growth through sustainable innovation, driven by the company's Sharing Beauty With All ambition for sustainable development across the Group's value chain. The company is headquartered in New York City, employs more than 11,000 people, and operates administrative, research, manufacturing and distribution facilities across 14 states, including Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Washington. For more information, visit www.lorealusa.com or follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @LOrealUSA.
SOURCE L'Oreal USA