LOS ANGELES, March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Larta Institute marks a milestone as a global hub of innovation: it's 20 years young!
Larta (www.larta.org) was founded in 1993 amidst California's economic turmoil with the mission of growing technology-based entrepreneurial ventures in Los Angeles. They assisted 30 entrepreneurs after opening their doors that year. Fast-forward 20 years: they have now assisted over 3,500 entrepreneurs across the world transform their brightest ideas into commercially successful enterprises that positively impact humankind. Larta's impact is global, with industry connections & knowledge assets in 47 countries and 27 international partnerships inked since 1997. Over the past 20 years, they have transformed ideas, small and large, into solutions that feed, fuel and heal the world. Their new tagline, "Ideas, energized." succinctly captures that mission.
Larta partners with entrepreneurs, industry, and governments who access and participate in their world-class network of subject matter specialists, buyers, technical collaborators, investors and professionals. It is an ecosystem that operates beyond the restrictions of physical location, propelled by Larta's lean & flexible "Network-Centric" approach. Jack Syage, CEO of Syagen, an entrepreneur who Larta has worked with since 1996, says, "The contacts and networking opportunities made available through Larta had a profound impact on Syagen."
Here are 2 more Larta alums whose ideas they have accelerated, and who have successfully seized market opportunities and addressed customer needs:
- Adam Stein of Advantageous Systems uses magnets to make cheap, pure, safe drinking water accessible in developing regions. Adam wonders "if Advantageous Systems would have been as successful as we are now if it weren't for the help of Larta."
- Loretta Mayer of SenesTech is efficiently controlling mammalian pest populations that destroy food crops by inducing menopause, an environmentally friendly solution. Loretta is convinced that "[Larta] shot SenesTech into the stratosphere and we are on our way to solving some major global problems."
To mark their "20 Years of Innovation," Larta has created a more engaging way of sharing their work at www.larta.org. CEO Rohit Shukla says, "The last 20 years has been an extraordinary journey and an honor to have touched so many entrepreneurs who make it their life's work to address such big issues in food, energy and healthcare. I'd like to thank every entrepreneur, mentor, industry executive, investor and support organization that has been a participant in our story. And I'd like to invite more to join us as we move through the next 20 years, energizing ideas with the most innovative people."
- 3,500+ entrepreneurs served in 20 countries, since 1993
- 1829 new jobs created, reported by 329 companies
- $1.2B of revenue generated by Larta entrepreneurs, since 2005
- 19,000 hours of mentorship, since 2005
- 700+ strategic introductions annually, since 2005
Mike Rudis, 213-538-1441
Read more news from Larta Institute.
SOURCE Larta Institute