SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Dec. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- In just 100 days, the Port of Los Angeles will welcome a Royal Princess – that is, the 3,560-guest Princess Cruises ship – taking guests to sought-after destinations including Mexico, the California Coast and Alaska. Royal Princess just completed a multi-million-dollar refurbishment including several new features and is officially ready to offer West Coasters convenient, roundtrip Los Angeles cruises starting March 23, 2019.
"We've been sailing from the Port of Los Angeles longer than any other cruise line, starting with one ship to Mexico in 1965," said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. "Then, millions of viewers tuned in on Saturday nights to watch "The Love Boat" and its ocean-going co-star, Pacific Princess, sail from Los Angeles offering romance and adventure on the high seas. Now we're beginning a new chapter, more than 50 years later, with the arrival of Royal Princess and our biggest West Coast season yet, featuring one of our newest and most elegant ships in our global fleet."
Royal Princess just completed a renovation and received several new features, including:
- Princess Luxury Bed – available in every stateroom aboard Royal Princess, the Princess Luxury Bed was developed by Princess Cruises in collaboration with board-certified sleep expert, Dr. Michael Breus. The plush bed offers the ultimate night of sleep at sea combining the science of sleep with the pinnacle of design and recently received the highest ranking for "Best Cruise Ship Beds" by Cruise Critic.
- Lotus Spa & Fitness Center – a space where guests can relax and invigorate, new equipment is now available in salon and treatment rooms and the latest in fitness machines is now available.
In addition, guests will be thoroughly entertained while sailing aboard Royal Princess with the following top-rated production shows performed live in the Princess Theater:
- The Secret Silk – the newest production show developed in partnership with award-winning composer of "Wicked," "Godspell" and "Pippin" – Stephen Schwartz. Along with Schwartz's cadre of Broadway talent, "The Secret Silk" was created and directed by John Tartaglia, a star of Broadway hits such as "Avenue Q" and includes life-size puppetry from Jim Henson's Creature Shop, featuring dance and special effects that transports guests to a mythical realm.
- Encore – inspired by the cruise line's top-rated show, "Bravo!" and accompanied by an impressive onstage orchestra, "Encore" celebrates the traditions of pop, opera and musical theater. The show was directed and choreographed by Disney Channel Creative Director Danny Teeson, with musical direction by Academy Awards® Arranger Nelson Kole and set design by Emmy® award-winner John Iacovelli.
- On the top deck, Watercolor Fantasy captivates guests as brightly colored lights illuminate the water offering a show of waltzes, pirouettes and fountains shooting water up to 33 feet high all choreographed to music.
Royal Princess West Coast Itineraries, Dates and Special Promotions
Princess Cruises was recently recognized with the "Best Cruises from the West Coast" by Cruise Critic and Royal Princess will sail on a series of cruises from Los Angeles (San Pedro) to the Mexican Riviera with port calls in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlán and Puerto Vallarta, giving cruisers the chance to experience the local vibrant culture and flavors. Inaugural spring 2019 voyages include:
- March 23, 2019
- March 30, 2019
- April 6, 2019
- April 13, 2019
- April 20, 2019
- April 27, 2019
From Los Angeles, Royal Princess will sail up the Pacific Coast on a seven-day Coastal voyage departing May 4, 2019 to Vancouver to begin her maiden voyages to bucket-list destination Alaska.
The Alaska season begins on May 11, 2019 and Royal Princess will offer 18 "Voyage of the Glaciers," seven-day cruises, sailing between Vancouver, B.C. and Anchorage (Whittier) with port stops in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway with scenic cruising in Glacier Bay National Park, plus an additional glacier viewing experience at either Hubbard Glacier or College Fjord. Guests can also spend time in the interior of Alaska with a variety of cruisetour offerings, with stays at Princess Wilderness Lodges and visit Denali National Park. A recognized leader in Alaska, hosting more guests to the Great Land than other cruise line, 2019 marks 50 years of cruising to this bucket-list destination.
Royal Princess will depart Vancouver on September 14, 2019 on a three-day Coastal cruise, returning to Los Angeles on September 17, 2019 to offer a 12-day roundtrip cruise to Alaska, including Glacier Bay National Park. September 29, 2019 marks the return of Royal Princess to Los Angeles for cruises to the Mexican Riviera with several five-, seven- and 10-day options; seven-day California Coastal cruises and shorter four-day West Coast Getaway voyages, visiting Catalina Island.
Now through Dec. 31, 2018, Princess Cruises is offering a special "Anniversary Sale" including cruises and cruisetours to all destinations sailing from February 2019 – May 2020. The sale includes the following perks:
- Gratuities – paid on behalf of each guest, up to a $15.50 value per day per guest for all guests in a stateroom, up to four.
- Up to $800 per Stateroom to Spend Onboard – based on the cruise length, guests booking an interior or oceanview stateroom will receive up to $400 per stateroom to spend during their cruise vacation. Those booking a balcony, mini-suite or suite will be given up to $800 per stateroom.
More About Royal Princess
Royal Princess first debuted in Southampton in June 2013 and was officially named by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. Significant to this ceremony was the fact that her mother-in-law, Diana, Princess of Wales, named the original Royal Princess in 1984.
Award-winning features aboard Royal Princess include the large atrium or "Piazza," offering enticing entertainment and culinary delights; the overwater SeaWalk – a 60-foot-long glass walkway standing 128 feet above the ocean; an expansive Lotus Spa with The Enclave, home to Princess' largest-ever thermal suite and a dramatic hydro-therapy pool with a cascading rain shower and therapeutic air jets as well as an array of services and secluded couples treatment rooms; a live television studio; and adults-only Retreat Pool and Sanctuary.
Guests sailing aboard Royal Princess can also marvel at the "Royal" display case, featuring memorabilia from the naming ceremony with The Duchess of Cambridge, including the scissors and rope she used to officially send the ceremonial bottle of Champagne smashing against the ship's hull, a replica of the Champagne bottle, several photos and even a copy of the Dalmatian-print dress she wore by British designer Hobbs.
Book a Royal Princess Voyage
Interested cruisers can contact a professional travel advisor, call 1-800-PRINCESS or visit the company online at www.princess.com.
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships, carrying two million guests each year to more than 380 destinations around the globe, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/New England and World Cruises. A team of professional destination experts has created more than 150 award-winning itineraries, ranging in length from three to 111 days and Princess Cruises has been continuously recognized as "Best Cruise Line for Itineraries."
Princess Cruises continues its multi-year, "Come Back New Promise" – a $450 million-dollar product innovation and cruise ship renovation campaign that will continue to enhance the line's onboard guest experience. These enhancements result in more moments of awe, lifetime memories and meaningful stories for guests to share from their cruise vacation. The product innovations include partnerships with award-winning Chef Curtis Stone; engaging entertainment inspired shows with Broadway-legend Stephen Schwartz; immersive activities for the whole family from Discovery and Animal Planet that include exclusive shore excursions to onboard activities; the ultimate sleep at sea with the award-winning Princess Luxury Bed and much more.
Three new Royal-class ships are currently on order with the next new ship, Sky Princess, under construction scheduled for delivery in October 2019 and Enchanted Princess in 2020. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL;NYSE: CUK).
Additional media information is available at princess.com/news.
SOURCE Princess Cruises