TROY, Mich., April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at the LSA|15 Conference in Los Angeles, the Local Search Association (LSA) announced the winners of the second annual Ad to Action Awards competition. LSA received 91 entries across 10 categories and the winners were revealed on the main stage at the event.
The competition focused on celebrating the most innovative "local" marketing products or solutions that facilitate consumer actions like calls, clicks, store visits, etc. The winners demonstrated the greatest potential for driving local consumer engagement and best addressed current market needs.
The judging panel – made up of 18 companies including Twitter, Foursquare, Yahoo, MapQuest, xAd and more – evaluated these products and solutions. Each judge reviewed a subset of entries and no judge reviewed any entries where there was a potential conflict of interest.
"This year's panel of judges was a veritable who's who of local digital marketing," said Greg Sterling, VP of Strategy & Insights for the LSA. "We also saw an extremely competitive field of entrants; almost without exception they were very impressive companies."
Entries were evaluated on ability to facilitate consumer actions (calls, clicks, store visits, etc.), innovation, ROI potential, ease of implementation and more. Scores were calculated on a 10-point scale.
The winning companies in each category are as follows:
- Yext (Presence Management): Yext is the world's leading digital presence management company, with a mission to help marketers perfect their location information in every hand, on every device.
- Urgent.ly (Verticals & Marketplaces): Urgent.ly provides consumers with on-demand, real-time roadside assistance.
- ReachLocal (Attribution & Analytics): ReachLocal is an online marketing and advertising solution provider for small, medium, and large businesses advertising to consumers in local markets.
- Rise Interactive (Platforms & Services): Rise Interactive is a digital marketing agency which specializes in digital media and advanced analytics. Rise is a strategic partner helping marketing leaders make smarter investment decisions.
- MerchantAtlas (Automation): MerchantAtlas provides products and services which allow companies to sell cheaper, scale faster and acquire more customers at a far lower customer acquisition cost.
- Aisle411 (Mobile): Aisle411 provides indoor mapping and indoor location tracking solutions for retailers, developers and shoppers on iOS and Android.
- Closely (Social): Closely helps small businesses sort through endless digital marketing options and discover best-of-breed solutions tailored for them.
- Sightly (Video): Sightly's local video advertising platform reaches target audiences on multiple screens through YouTube and other networks.
- hibu (Print): hibu is a multinational directories and internet services company headquartered in Reading, Berkshire, UK.
- Location3 Media (Best Local Ad Campaign): Location3 Media is a digital marketing agency based in Denver, Colorado with expertise across paid, earned and owned channels.
"We received a tremendous number of high-quality submissions," said Neg Norton, President of the LSA. "We congratulate all of our winners and thank all who participated to make this award program a true competition of merit."
To view videos highlighting all of the winning companies and solutions visit http://bit.ly/LSA15Awards.
The LSA is the largest trade organization of companies engaged in local advertising and marketing. LSA members provide local businesses with innovative and strategic offerings that drive consumers to take an action in the last mile – or the final steps – of their path to purchase. The Association is focused on elevating the industry through thought-leadership, advocacy, research and insights, and partnerships.
LSA has more than 300 members in 27 countries. Members include listing management companies, digital agencies, mobile and social media companies, print and online directory publishers, video service providers, and web design and hosting firms.
VP of Strategy and Insights
SOURCE Local Search Association