MILPITAS, Calif., June 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced that Gartner, Inc. ranked LSI No. 1 overall in worldwide host bus RAID controller unit market share by enabling vendor(1) for 2009 with 43.1 percent unit share.(2)
According to the latest market segment data released by the firm, LSI also ranked No. 1 overall in host bus SAS RAID controller unit shipments with 43.4 percent unit share. SAS controllers represented nearly three quarters of all RAID controller shipments for the year. Additionally, LSI ranked No. 1 overall in host bus SATA RAID controller unit shipments based on the strength of its 3ware® RAID controller business. LSI achieved 48.5 percent unit share for SATA controller shipments, more than double the shipments of the nearest competitor.(2)
Among third-party enabling vendors, LSI ranked No. 1 in both the OEM category and the distribution channel category.(2) Gartner defines third-party enabling vendors as companies that design, manufacture and sell host bus RAID controllers for integration into computing and storage platforms manufactured by other vendors and system integrators.
"Our significant growth and continued leadership are driven by the execution of our strategy to offer the highest performing and most complete RAID controller portfolio in the industry," said Phil Bullinger, executive vice president and general manager, Engenio® Storage Group, LSI. "As the industry rapidly transitions to new technologies such as solid-state drives and 6Gb/s SAS, we're confident that our strategic investments in RAID technology, advanced software capabilities and solutions, and new product innovations will continue to meet and exceed the needs of our OEM and channel customers."
LSI offers an extensive portfolio of SATA and SAS solutions, including MegaRAID® and 3ware controllers, host bus adapters (HBAs) and JBOD products. The products are supplied directly to leading server and storage OEMs and through the LSI worldwide network of distributors, system integrators, system builders and VARs.
More information on LSI products is available at http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/index.html.
LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) is a leading provider of innovative silicon, systems and software technologies that enable products which seamlessly bring people, information and digital content together. The company offers a broad portfolio of capabilities and services including custom and standard product ICs, adapters, systems and software that are trusted by the world's best known brands to power leading solutions in the Storage and Networking markets. More information is available at www.lsi.com.
(1) Enabling vendor is the Gartner umbrella category for all host bus RAID controller vendors. Gartner segments enabling vendors into two categories. Captive-enabling vendors develop host bus RAID controllers for integration into their computing and storage platforms. Third-party-enabling vendors design, manufacture and sell host bus RAID controllers for integration into computing and storage platforms manufactured by other vendors and system integrators.
(2) Gartner, "Market Share: Host Bus RAID Controllers, Worldwide, 2009," Roger Cox, April, 2010
- All LSI news releases (financial, acquisitions, manufacturing, products, technology, etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external web site, http://www.lsi.com.
- LSI, the LSI & Design logo, Engenio, 3ware and MegaRAID are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Corporation.
- All other brands or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE LSI Corporation