REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LucidWorks, the company transforming the way people access information, today shared highlights of Lucene/Solr Revolution 2013, which took place April 29 - May 2, 2013 at The Westin San Diego. More than 400 attendees, including many of the brightest minds in open source search, participated in the fourth annual Lucene/Solr Revolution, discussing topics and trends driving the next generation of search. The conference was preceded by two days of Apache Lucene, Solr and Big Data training.
Big data trends continue to drive interest in Lucene/Solr's unmatched capabilities for building flexible, cost-effective, and scalable search applications, which are shaping the future of search for technologists across sectors and industries around the world. To meet the growing interest, LucidWorks has announced that its next major event, Lucene/Solr Revolution Europe, will take place in Dublin on November 4-7. Previously Lucene/Solr Eurocon, the event is a must-attend gathering for Apache Lucene/Solr committers and technologists from around the world. Speakers will offer compelling presentations that share future directions for Apache Lucene/Solr and technical implementation experiences.
Highlights of Lucene/Solr Revolution 2013 include:
- Keynote speeches by industry luminaries, including Hilary Mason, chief scientist at bitly; Pete Skomoroch, principal data scientist at LinkedIn; Steve Rowe, chair of the Lucene/Solr PMC; Yonik Seeley, the creator of Solr; and Paul Doscher, president and CEO of LucidWorks
- More than 40 talks by experts from companies on the vanguard of search, including gilt.com, Zvents, Threatmetrix, Microsoft Open Technologies, Atilika, Etsy.com, 7digital, European Bioinformatics Institute, Grid Dynamics, and many more
- A broad range of valuable hands-on topics such as building a real-time, big data analytics platform with Solr; analytics in OLAP with Lucene and Hadoop; batch indexing and near real time; scaling up Solr 4.1 to power big search in social media analytics; crowd-sourced intelligence built into search over Hadoop
- Case studies spanning a range of industries, including law enforcement, ecommerce, medical records, location services, advertising, media, and more, all at the forefront of delivering faster, more relevant information to more users
- Sold-out training workshops for developers to hone their skills on Lucene, Solr, LucidWorks Search, Hadoop and Cassandra
- All the sessions were video taped and the presentations were captured. The slides from the presentation will be up on Slideshare.net by May 15 and the full video of each presentation will be available on Youtube.com in the next 2-3 weeks. Check back on www.lucenerevolution.org for the links
"Lucene/Solr Revolution brings together the most experienced enterprise search developers and professionals in the world in order to foster the idea that by sharing expertise and collaborating with other like-minded authorities, we will ignite innovation. We believe this activity will continue to drive our industry and play a critical role in providing the world with the capability to significantly increase the value that organizations derive from their massive, and growing, data stores."
- Paul Doscher, CEO of LucidWorks
- See what all of the buzz was about at this year's #LuceneSolrRev conference. Follow @LuceneSolrRev to find session content and get updates on next year's event, or visit http://lucenerevolution.org/
- Join our conversations on Twitter @LucidWorks and Facebook
- Watch the future of search unfold on the LucidWorks blog
- Read the latest information and views about Apache Lucene/Solr at http://www.SearchHub.org
LucidWorks transforms the way people access information to enable data-driven decisions. LucidWorks is the only company that delivers enterprise-grade search development platforms built on the power of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. Employing one quarter of the Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, LucidWorks is the largest supporter of open source search in the industry. LucidWorks Search delivers unmatched scalability to billions of documents, with sub-second query and faceting response time. LucidWorks Big Data tightly integrates key Apache projects needed to build and deploy applications requiring access to multi-structured data. Customers include AT&T, ADP, Sears, Ford, Verizon, Cisco, Zappos, Raytheon, The Guardian, The Smithsonian Institution, The Motley Fool, Qualcomm, Taser, eHarmony and many other household names around the world. LucidWorks' investors include Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Walden International and In-Q-Tel. Learn more about the company at http://www.lucidworks.com/.
LucidWorks and Lucene/Solr Revolution are registered trademarks of LucidWorks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.