LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic is proud to introduce the new digital compact camera, the LUMIX DMC-LZ40 equipped with an exceptionally powerful 42x optical zoom lens from 22mm ultra wide angle (35mm camera equivalent: 22-924mm) integrated with an Optical Image Stabilizer. The resolution of the CCD is upgraded to 20-megapixel for DMC-LZ40 and high performance image processing supports high quality still and video capture.
The iA (Intelligent Auto) mode allows users leave everything to the camera yielding beautiful images with its Optical Image Stabilizer, Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure. Once you enter the iA mode, these multi-capable functions occur automatically, so that you can shoot without the bother of adjusting settings every time conditions change. While offering a convenient shooting-assist function such as iA, the DMC-LZ40 is also equipped with modes for users a step above beginners to enjoy more creative photography.
Not only is high resolution offered in still capture but also HD video in 720p can be recorded with DMC-LZ40. The popular Creative Control and Creative Retouch options are available with a total of 15 attractive filter effects. In addition, the DMC-LZ40 is capable of Creative Panorama mode that allows the user to take dynamic panoramic images with 13 filter effects. The 3.0-inch large 460K-dot LCD assures high visibility in any lighting conditions, which is excellent for both shooting and playing back images. The LZ40 is ergonomically designed with a comfortable grip to offer stability even when holding the camera for a long period of time. The 1250 mAh large capacity Li-ion battery allows shooting 320 pictures per charge (CIPA).
Integrating a stunningly versatile lens achieving both 42x zoom and 22mm ultra wide angle in a compact body, the DMC-LZ40 is valuable in shooting a variety of scenes from dynamic landscapes to family events with easy operation.
The LZ40 will be available on shop.panasonic.com and at select retailers.
Notice for Motion Picture Recording:
- Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 6" or higher when recording motion pictures.* SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
- Motion pictures can be recorded continuously up to 2 GB. The maximum available recording time for up to 2 GB only is displayed on the screen.
- This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC/SDXC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
- SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
- If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site. http://panasonic.net/avc/sdcard/information/SDXC.html
- Some accessories are not available in some countries.
- The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions in the U.S. including products from VIERA Life+ Screen, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more. In Interbrand's 2013 Annual "Best Global Green Brands" report, the Panasonic brand rose to number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report. (http://bit.ly/19WFSpu).
To learn more about our products, visit www.shop.panasonic.com. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicUSA; additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.