SAN DIEGO, Feb. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 900 fleets from all segments -- from small businesses and local governments to Fortune 100 brands and large national fleets of 20,000+ vehicles – set upon a path to optimize their fleet visibility and operations by becoming new Lytx® clients in 2016, contributing to continued double-digit growth for the company and bringing its total client count to more than 2,200. In addition, nearly half of Lytx's existing clients expanded their DriveCam deployments in 2016.
Lytx's flagship product is the gold standard DriveCam® video telematics safety program that now protects more than 650,000 drivers. Despite new entries into the growing marketplace, throughout 2016, Lytx maintained its global leadership with 65 percent market share – five times the share of the closest competitor -- according to industry analysts Frost & Sullivan.
"Success last year with its core DriveCam program, rapid adoption of its new ActiveVision® service, and the introduction of the Unisyn™ platform emphasizes how rapidly video telematics have changed the way businesses protect their fleets," said Frost & Sullivan Research Manager Sathya K. "It's not just about safety and changing driver behavior; Lytx is offering unparalleled visibility into what's happening within a fleet to improve operations and efficiency, ultimately helping profitability."
Among key Lytx business achievements in 2016:
- 101,000 new subscriptions sold, bringing total subscriptions to more than 400,000
- 907 new companies adopted Lytx DriveCam™ programs
- For the second year in a row, nearly half of existing clients expanded their fleet deployments
- Introduced Lytx Unisyn™ cloud-connected, multi-view video platform to help fleets solve tough fleet operations challenges in real time, including productivity and security
- 33rd consecutive quarter of double-digit growth in subscriptions
- Added contract commitments of more than $220 million during 2016
- Continued to deliver to clients an estimated average reduction in claims of $1,750 per vehicle annually plus additional savings in fuel consumption and maintenance due to safer driving habits
Lytx furthered its share of key commercial and public fleet categories in 2016, and now protects:
- 9 of the top 12 for-hire, less-than-truckload and truckload carriers
- 2 of the top 3 transit companies
- 2 of the largest propane distributor and top 4 industrial gas distribution companies
- 11 of the top 18 food products companies
- 7 of the top 13 waste, disposal and recycling companies
- 9 of the top 22 utilities companies
- 7 of the top 11 concrete companies
- 4 of the largest railroad companies and the top 3 rail crew shuttle companies
- 8 of the largest cities and federal agencies
Key Client Wins Lead to Record Growth
Lytx further enhanced its blue-ribbon client list in 2016, adding 907 new clients. Among them are many top brands in commercial transportation, including:
- National Express, LLC (U.S.)
- Saia LTL Freight
- Hirschbach Motor Lines
- Trimac Transportation System
- 450 FedEx Ground Linehaul Contractors
- Eagle Transport
- Erb Transport (Canada)
- Andrus Transportation
- The Kroger Co.
- Pilgrim's Pride
- City of Beverly Hills
- City of Miami
- National Express, Bus Division (UK)
- London Sovereign (UK)
- Arrow XL (UK)
- UK Mail (UK)
At Lytx® we harness the power of data to change human behavior and help good companies become even better. Our flagship service, Lytx DriveCam® sets the standard for driver safety in the industries we serve, and our RAIR® Compliance Services helps DOT-regulated fleets comply with safety regulations, complementing the DriveCam® Program. Lytx ActiveVision® service helps fleets detect and address distracted and drowsy driving, both in real time and over time, and the Unisyn™ platform offers video without limits for fleets and field operations of any profile. We protect more than 2,200 commercial and government fleet clients worldwide who drive billions of miles each year. We enable our clients to realize significant ROI by lowering operating and insurance costs, while achieving greater efficiency and compliance. Most of all, we strive to help save lives – on our roads and in our communities, every day. Lytx is privately held and headquartered in San Diego. For more information, visit www.lytx.com, @lytx on Twitter, or on our YouTube channel.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lytx-continues-record-growth-in-2016-907-new-clients-33rd-consecutive-quarter-of-double-digit-growth-300409824.html