CLEVELAND, April 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Jennifer Mapes-Christ, the head of Freedonia Group's Consumer and Commercial Research Group talked with Chief Economist, Tom Bowne, about the challenges of forecasting and other effects of COVID-19 on the economy.
View the video for free here: https://www.freedoniagroup.com/Content/Macroeconomics-Trends-Talk-with-Freedonia-Chief-Economist
Here are some questions that are addressed in the video.
- What is the biggest challenge about forecasting during this crisis?
- How do you try to estimate the effect of this economic standstill and social distancing?
- What can we learn from the experience of the countries that faced the virus earlier?
- How much confidence do you have in the numbers being released from China via official channels?
- What are the medium and longer term effects on consumer and business behavior?
- What will happen with consumer spending?
- Do you think there will be longer term effects on inventory management and supply chains?
- Businesses are hoarding cash because of the uncertainty around the length of the downturn… how do you think this plays out through 2020 and 2021?
Mr. Bowne, head of the economics team at Freedonia Group for 20 years, also put together two slide decks covering current economic conditions.
Freedonia industry study analysts, along with those at sister company Packaged Facts, are supplying an ongoing dialog of the effects of the COVID-19 coronavirus on multiple markets and products here: https://www.freedoniagroup.com/Content/COVID-19-Economic-Impact-Tracker
About The Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is a leading international industrial research company publishing more than 100 studies annually. Since 1985 we have provided research to customers ranging in size from global conglomerates to one-person consulting firms. More than 90% of the industrial companies in the Fortune 500 use Freedonia Group research to help with their strategic planning. Each study includes product and market analyses and forecasts, in-depth discussions of important industry trends, and market share information. Studies can be purchased at www.freedoniagroup.com and are also available on www.marketresearch.com and www.profound.com.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group