LOS ANGELES, Oct. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- It's the end of the music business, as we know it, according to top industry executives speaking at the world's largest social media event, BlogWorld & New Media Expo, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Nov. 3-5.
For the first time in the event's five-year history, BlogWorld, in partnership with BETA Records TV, will host a Social Music Summit led by the most eminent names in the music business. The discussion will focus on the disruption, accelerating change and subsequent opportunity that the digital music revolution has created for the industry and the strategies for success in this new-era.
"The music industry has been trying to adapt to the paradigm shift of new media for several years now. We think the Social Music Summit at BlogWorld will help musicians and recording industry professionals better understand how they can use these tools to engage their fans, reach new listeners and monetize their content," said Rick Calvert, CEO and co-founder of BlogWorld & New Media Expo. "On a personal note, having played in a heavy metal band for years, I'm thrilled we are able to offer this content at BlogWorld and hopefully open new doors for aspiring musicians."
"While your standard digital music conference continues to discuss social media as some sort of promo and profit center, the attendees and our speakers at BlogWorld are total rock-stars and positively on the cutting edge in the actual science of social media," said Chris Honetschlaeger, president of BETA Records. "I'm excited to help bring the Social Music Summit to BlogWorld 2011 and to embrace November 4, 2011 as the official end of the traditional Music Industry."
While a complete schedule of music conference sessions and panelists will be announced in the coming weeks, BlogWorld has unveiled the following line-up of speakers for a session on Nov. 4 at 1:45 p.m. titled, "It's the End of the Music Business As We Know It (And We Feel Fine)."
- Jason Flom - CEO, Lava Records - Jason Flom is the CEO of LAVA Records, which he founded in 1995, and previously served as the Chairman and CEO of Atlantic Records, Virgin Records, and the Capitol Music Group.
- Syd Schwartz, Founder, LinchPin Digital - Syd Schwartz founded Linchpin Digital, the marketing and strategy firm in 2010, building on a 20-year career working in leading digital marketing posts at EMI Music, based in New York, including work at EMI's Capitol and Virgin labels.
- Cory Ondrejka, Director of Engineering, Facebook - Cory Ondrejka is a director of engineering at Facebook. He previously cofounded Walletin, acquired by Facebook, and Linden Lab, the creator of Second Life. Ondrejka also served as Executive Vice President for Global Digital Marketing at EMI Music.
- Jack Isquith, SVP Strategic Development, Slacker Radio - Jack Isquith is the SVP Strategic Development for Slacker Radio, the world's most complete provider of personalized radio and on-demand music. Isquith previously built digital content and monetization efforts for CDNOW, AOL, & Warner Bros. Records.
- Jeff Kempler, COO, Sub Rosa - Jeff Kempler is the COO of creative strategy agency, Sub Rosa. He previously served as the COO of EMI Music's North America and UK label operations and headed the business & legal affairs departments of Atari and the Island Def Jam Music Group.
BlogWorld & New Media Expo 2011 in Los Angeles is sponsored by premium brands such as: Ford Motor Company, Southwest Airlines, .ME, Verisign/.TV, Century 21 Real Estate, Technorati, Blogger, WordPress.com, Vanilla Forums and more. Featured speaker interviews and news reports from the Expo will be presented by TechZulu and WebProNews.
About BlogWorld & New Media Expo
BlogWorld & New Media Expo is the first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media. Thousands of attendees learn about Content Creation, Distribution, Monetization and Social Media Marketing strategies, including step-by-step techniques and leading-edge tools from the most successful and influential Bloggers, Podcasters, Vloggers, Web TV & Radio Broadcasters, Social Influencers, New Media Pros and Online Journalists.
About BETA Records
BETA is the leader in making, moving, and monetizing music. The BETA Records Community and half-hour weekly TV Show, seen weekend mornings and in the after-school time block, is syndicated to over 300,000 viewers, reaching 76% of U.S. households. Across TV and New Media platforms, 1,000,000 fans enjoy BETA TV music content each week. Visit www.betarecords.com.
Media Contact: Katherine Randall
[email protected], (858) 366-2962
SOURCE BlogWorld & New Media Expo