Mapi Creates Dedicated Patient Centered Sciences Unit by Combining Patient Centered Outcomes, Patient Insights and Engagement and Direct To Patient Contact Services
19 Jun, 2017, 08:00 ET
LONDON, June 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Mapi, the leading Patient-Centered Health Research company, today announced the creation of a dedicated unit combining its Patient Centered Outcomes (PCO) team, Patient Insight & Engagement researchers and their Patient Logistics group (PROclinica), the provider of Direct To Patient services, to create transformative integrated solutions across the entire treatment lifecycle for biopharmaceutical clients.
The new dedicated unit, headed by Mapi's Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. William C Maier, will provide customers with global patient- solutions based on patient perceptions, behaviours and motivations to improve drug efficacy and safety assessment, regulatory and payer acceptance, study design, recruitment and participation in trials, observational studies and pharmaceutical marketing activities.
"Mapi has been the industry innovator and leader in Patient Centered Research longer than most CROs have existed " said Will Maier, Chief Scientific Officer of Mapi. "Through this new business unit we help our clients seamlessly integrate and align Patient Centered Sciences; developing the most complete understanding of patients, their behaviour and preferences, integrating relevant Clinical Outcomes to support endpoints and value based treatment, as well as execute on these combined insights with the industry's most experienced Direct to Patient Contact experts. Mapi is considered the regulatory and peri- and post-approval research experts, enabling our clients to meet the evidence demands of both regulators and payers for over four decades."
Experts from the new unit will be presenting at the annual June meeting of the Drug Information Association (DIA) in Chicago.
Benoit Arnould, PhD - Senior Director, Patient-centered Outcomes (PCO), Mapi Group
- Session 04-12: No More Swag Items for Retention, So Now What Do We Do? Did You Get Why Patients Accept (or Not) Their Long-Term Treatment? Results from an EU study Via Carenity Social Platform
- Session 07-01: Integrating the Patient's Voice Across the Development Program of Rare Diseases; Developing the PKU-QOL: A Long Journey to Integrate the Patients' Voice into Phenylketonuria Drug Development Programs
Kelly Franchetti, RN, CCRN, CEN - Vice President, Global Patient Insights & Engagement (PI&E), Mapi Group
- Presentation: The Inclusive Clinical Trial: Involving Diverse Populations in Clinical Trial Design
- Presentation: A Mutually Beneficial Partnership: Engaging Advocacy and Patient Groups to Assist with Clinical Trial Recruitment
- Presentation: Medical Affairs Engaging Patients for Post-Marketing Patient Registry
Valerie Powell, MS - Director, Global Patient Insights & Engagement (PI&E), Mapi Group
- Session: Tuesday, June 20 • 2:00pm - 3:15pm ~ #259: Novel Techniques for Improving Clinical Trial Subject Retention
- Session: Wednesday, June 21 • 10:30am - 11:45am ~ #315: How to Engage Patients Within Medical Affairs
Will Maier, PhD, MPH - Chief Scientific Officer, Patient-Centered Services, Mapi
- Hybrid Studies Session: Monday, June 19 • 11:00am - 12:15pm ~ #125: Hybrid Study Designs: An Innovate Approach to Obtaining Valuable Information by Combining Existing Data with New Data Length
Margaret Richards, PhD, MPH - Vice President, Data Analytics and Epidemiology, Real World Strategy and Analytics (RWS&A)
- Presentation: #001: To Change or Not to Change, That is the Career Question: Knowing When it's Time to Move On (Not, Run From) >> Sunday, June 18 at 2:45 pm - 4:00 pm
- Presentation: #125: Hybrid Study Designs: An Innovative Approach to Obtaining Valuable Information by Combining Existing Data with New Data Length >> Monday, June 19 at 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
- Presentation: #304: Mergers and Acquisitions: First, Do No Harm >> Wednesday, June 21 at 9:30 am - 10:30 am
About Mapi: Patients are at the heart of our research
Mapi Group has over 40 years of experience supporting Life-Science companies in developing and implementing strategies for commercializing novel treatments through Strategic Regulatory Services, Pharmacovigilance, Market Access, Language Services, and gathering Real-World Evidence on Pharmaceuticals, Biologics, and Medical Devices. Mapi Group is the premier provider of Health Research and Commercialization services to Life-Science companies enabling Market Authorization, Market Access and Market Adoption of novel therapeutics. Visit http://www.mapigroup.com for more information.
CONTACT: [email protected]
Share this article