WAYNE, N.J., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- MAQUET Cardiovascular LLC, a leading provider of cardiovascular technologies, announced today that it will a host an educational symposium featuring leading cardiovascular surgeons who will discuss the critical issues in caring for today's cardiovascular surgery patients. The event will take place on Sunday, January 24, during the Society of Thoracic Surgeons' 46th Annual Meeting in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
"This symposium is an extension of our commitment to physician education, as it allows for leading surgeons to discuss topical issues and innovations in cardiovascular surgery with their peers," said Raoul Quintero, President and CEO of MAQUET Cardiovascular U.S. Sales LLC. "MAQUET is dedicated to providing clinicians with future-oriented technology that fits into their daily practice and the training and support needed to further advance clinical practice to continuously improve patient outcomes."
The symposium will take place on January 24 from 7:00-10:00 p.m. EST aboard the Yacht Catalina, which will depart from the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 dock in Fort Lauderdale at 7:15 p.m. The evening will feature presentations by the following distinguished cardiovascular surgeons:
- William E. Cohn, M.D., Texas Heart Institute, Houston (Moderator
- The Magic of Cardiac Surgery
- Constantine L. Athanasuleas, M.D., University of Alabama Hospital, Birmingham, Ala.
- Pre-Operative Utilization of Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump in High-Risk Patients
- Johannes Bonatti, M.D., University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore
- Minimized Extra Corporeal Circulation in Robotic Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mark Connolly, M.D., Saint Michael's Medical Center, Newark, N.J.
- Shooting Ourselves in the Foot: Discerning the New England Journal of Medicine Reports on Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting and Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (OPCAB)
- Hazim J. Safi, M.D., Texas Medical Center, Houston
- Techniques for Open Surgical Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Procedures
- Vinod H. Thourani, M.D., Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta
- OPCAB – You Can in High Risk Patients: Steps to Success
About MAQUET Cardiovascular
MAQUET Cardiovascular is a leader in providing innovative products for cardiac surgery, vascular intervention and cardiac support to hospitals and clinics and the cardiac surgeons, interventional cardiologists, perfusionists and other healthcare professionals who care for patients with cardiovascular disease. MAQUET Cardiovascular is focused on providing clinicians with future-oriented technology that fits into their daily practice and improves the therapeutic management of patients. MAQUET Cardiovascular continues to invest in the development of innovative technologies and solutions that advance clinical practice, improve patient outcomes and enhance quality of life.
MAQUET Cardiovascular was formed in 2003 when MAQUET, the world's leading medical technology company, combined its existing Cardiopulmonary business with Jostra's equipment and consumables for open heart surgery and Siemens Life Support Systems, which the publicly-listed Swedish GETINGE Group acquired in 2003. In 2008, MAQUET added the Cardiac Surgery and Vascular Interventions businesses acquired by GETINGE from Boston Scientific and Guidant. In 2009, it added the cardiac assist businesses that GETINGE acquired from Datascope. MAQUET Cardiovascular provides healthcare professionals with products in four business units: Cardiopulmonary (perfusion products), Cardiac Surgery (clampless beating heart and endoscopic vessel harvesting), Vascular Interventions (grafts for vascular surgery), and Cardiac Assist (intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation therapy).
About The MAQUET Group
The MAQUET Group is the global market leader for Medical Systems, focusing on the Operating Room (OR) and Intensive Care Unit (ICU). The integrated products of MAQUET are specially designed to deliver optimal clinical treatment and therapy concepts within acute care hospitals. MAQUET provides innovative medical solutions from three Divisions:
- Cardiovascular -- with products for cardiac assist (intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation therapy), coronary artery bypass surgery, aneurysm and vascular repair, peripheral interventions and extracorporeal circulation
- Critical Care -- for intensive care ventilators and anesthesia machines
- Surgical Workplaces -- for OR tables, lights and ceiling service units, prefabricated OR and ICU suites as well as telemedicine for the OR integration.
MAQUET is a subsidiary of the publicly-listed Swedish GETINGE GROUP, a company with over $2.8 billion in revenues (2008 fiscal year) and 12,800 employees worldwide. In 2008 MAQUET itself generated pro-forma revenues (including the acquisition of Datascope Corp.) of over $1.4 billion. The company now has 5,000 employees in 35 international sales and service organizations, as well as a network of more than 200 sales representatives.
MAQUET – The Gold Standard.
SOURCE MAQUET Cardiovascular LLC