LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CES 2014 – Martian Watches™, a California-based developer of fashionable wireless technologies, including the world's first Bluetooth® voice-command smartwatch, today announces several new features to give its Voice Command line of Martian Passport, Victory and G2G series watches even more functionality, further enhancing the user's smartphone experience.
The timeless analog Martian Voice Command line delivers notifications to your wrist and uses the mobile phone's familiar, integrated voice-command functions with hands-free convenience and compatibility. Wearers can make and receive calls, send and receive emails and text messages, control music, check weather or a sports score, get directions, search the web, create a reminder or appointment, keep up on Facebook and Twitter and much more.
New features and functions that make the Martian Voice Command watches more user-friendly and a stylish "life manager from your wrist," include:
- "Tap Glass" feature which uses the Martian accelerometer to repeat a notification for up to one minute after it came in.
- The Martian App now supports notifications from any IMAP or POP email account, giving more notification options to more email account users.
- The Martian App and Watch menus support English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese and Korean. Texts and emails will appear on the watch in almost any language in which they are sent (Western languages and most Asian languages).
- "Find Phone" upgrade: Martian was launched with a "Find Phone" feature that helped locate a misplaced phone if it is within BT range. Since that time, Martian improved this by overriding the phone's mute feature, in case the misplaced phone has the volume set to "off."
- "Find Watch" feature: Martian also added the opposite feature of "Find Phone" - just tap a button in the Martian Watch Alerts App on your phone, and your Martian will play a tone to help you locate your watch.
- "Local Time" has been added to the Martian Watch Alerts App, so you have the option to quickly choose your phone's local zone instead of choosing a nearby city.
See the complete line of Martian Watches at Pepcom's Digital Experience!® on Monday, Jan. 6th at the Mirage, a must-attend media event prior to the start of the International Consumer Electronics Show®.
Tweet This: Upgraded @MartianWatches fashion-conscious, voice command smartwatches showcasing at #CES2014
Voice Feedback for Your Apps:
Martian Watches provide voice feedback from a variety of apps. Here are just a few examples of cool apps that work well with Martian Watches:
- MapMy Run: If A2DP is turned on, you get voice "call-outs" at intervals and it provides distance of run, average pace and speed, and more that you pre-set before your run.
- Navigation: Via Google and iPhone Maps on iOS and Android Navigation, turn A2DP on and have the directions spoken to you directly through your Martian Watch.
- Music: On iOS devices and Android devices with S-Voice, turn on A2DP and use voice commands to "Play music <artist or playlist>", and the music will come through your Martian.
"We listen very carefully to our consumers to make sure we are delivering products that address needs and wants in the marketplace," said Stan Kinsey, President of Martian Watches. "We are very happy with the overwhelming consumer response and positive feedback received for our line of unique voice command smartwatches to date and look forward to continuing to incorporate cool features that our customers want."
In addition to the new functions now available, there are now protectors available for the Martian Passport and G2G series. Both available at Amazon.com, the iLLumiShield Protector and Skinomi® TechSkin will protect your watch face from the scratches, nicks and dings that life brings.
About Martian Watches
Founded in 2007, Martian Watches is an Irvine, California-based developer of fashion-focused wireless technologies that are reshaping how we communicate with friends, family and the world. The Martian engineering team has an extensive history in Bluetooth development, having created the world's smallest system-on-chip solution for Bluetooth wireless systems. Martian is best known for the award-winning Martian Voice Command watch and the SilverCare Personal Safety Alert Device, a two-way voice communication watch.
More Martian Watches details and specs: www.martianwatches.com
Martian Watches Media Kit: www.martianwatches.com/media
Martian Watch is a trademark of Martian Watches. Apple iOS is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a registered trademark of Google Inc. All other marks are trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Martian Watches