WARROAD, Minn., Jan. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Imagine an interior shade with the versatility of opening from either the top or the bottom; the precision of virtually complete light control; and the beauty of sleek lines and fully concealed cords.
You don't have to imagine it. Marvin Windows and Doors has set a new industry standard with a fully integrated interior shade system that outdoes all competition for functionality, beauty and performance. Attendees of the 2015 International Builders' Show in Las Vegas can visit Marvin's booth #C5520 to see why this product was recognized by Window and Door Magazine with the 2014 Crystal Achievement Award in the "Most Innovative Window Component Category."
Marvin's integrated system fits seamlessly into Marvin window and door units with no measuring required. The shade system is available on a range of Marvin windows as well as swinging and sliding doors, or can be retrofitted to existing Marvin windows and swinging doors.
Unlike between-the-glass offerings, Marvin's solution is compatible with all glazing types, including gas-filled and surface-coated glazings. And Marvin interior shades can be used with simulated divided lites with spacer bars – offering greater design flexibility and superior performance. Marvin's interior shades are delivered separate from the windows and doors, keeping the fabric and surround clean during the construction and allowing for flexibility on the jobsite. Additionally, shades can be shipped separate and married up at the dealer/distributor to have all items needed for install at one time, or can be shipped later to the jobsite once work is complete.
Other features of this revolutionary new offering include:
- Fully concealed mechanisms and hidden cord systems for superior aesthetics
- Available in either blackout or light-filtering fabric for choice in privacy and light control
- Offered in a palette of 15 colors to match virtually any decor, and because the product can be retrofitted or shipped later, a color can be chosen later once the homeowner decided on interior color schemes.
- Shade surrounds can be ordered prefinished with choice of Marvin's factory-applied interior finishes
- Shade material is anti-static, liquid repellant, dust and soil resistant, and carries a 10-year warranty
- Precise fit for the ultimate in light and privacy control -- virtually no light bleed along the edges of the surround
- Integrated design means shade doesn't protrude into living area
- On sliding doors, shade stack is completely hidden when retracted
To see the shades, and other innovative new products from Marvin, visit booth #C5520 at IBS, January 20-22, 2015, or visit www.marvin.com to learn more.
About Marvin Windows and Doors
Marvin Windows and Doors brings its Built around you® philosophy to life with every customer and every solution. A premier manufacturer of made-to-order wood and clad wood windows and doors, Marvin offers the industry's most extensive selection of shapes, styles, sizes and options to fit the diverse needs of builders and match the personalities of homeowners. Marvin's tradition of delivering the finest craftsmanship in windows and doors began in Warroad, Minn., a small town just six miles from the Canadian border, where the privately-held, family-owned and operated company is still headquartered today.
SOURCE Marvin Windows and Doors