SAN FRANCISCO, March 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxthon, a global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers, today announced the inaugural release of Maxthon for Linux. Maxthon brings its high performance and seamless browsing to Linux, ensuring faster speed, improved performance and an overall out-of-the-box browsing experience. Running on an optimized WebKit core made faster by Maxthon's in-house WebKit R&D team, Maxthon for Linux features superior page rendering speeds and performance enhancements evident throughout the browsing experience.
"We're glad to now offer the best of Maxthon to the Linux community," said Jeff Chen, founder and CEO of Maxthon. "The kinds of people who use Linux: -- ahead of the curve, independent pioneers- are simpatico with Maxthon's core user base."
Maxthon for Linux stands apart from the minimalist, no-feature characteristics common to most major browsers with unique features including:
- Magic Fill: An AES 256 level encrypted password and user account prompt
- Personalized Quick Access: Set and arrange a 'speed dial' of the most-commonly-visited websites
- Maxthon Passport Account: A free service that allows users to encrypt and share Favorites, Quick Access and Magic Fill Data across different devices using Maxthon
- Mouse Gestures: Execute common browser commands like 'forward, back and reload' by 'drawing' a gesture with the mouse
- Easy Tab Management: Right and left click close and reload last tabs visited
- 'Restore Last' button: One click and the browser will restore and reload the most recent session
- Extensions: Native support for extensions, including full interoperability with Chrome Extensions
All of these features come with an elegant design that evokes and follows the design and usability conventions from other Maxthon browsers on other platforms.
"The addition of Linux takes our core value proposition - high performance, independent, multi-platform browsing - one step further," said Karl Mattson, VP of Maxthon's International Division. "Desktop computing is evolving beyond the one-OS-to-rule-them-all dynamic and as that develops, Maxthon will be right there offering high performance alternative web browsers on the platforms that matter."
Download Maxthon for Linux
Maxthon is an innovative software company that develops superior web browsers that continue to set new standards for speed, security, simplicity and cloud features. It is available on the Windows, Android, iOS and Mac platforms. With offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong, Maxthon reaches a global community of users that tops more than 120,000,000 people each month in more than 150 countries. Click here for more information about Maxthon
Burson-Marsteller for Maxthon
212 - 614 - 4081