PEARLAND, Texas, Sept. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- MBS Secure, provider of The Complete Cloud™, is pleased to announce its new partnership with PCIHIPAA, a leading Payments Card Industry (PCI) and HIPAA compliance provider. The partnership is focused on protecting MBS Secure clients from the onslaught of HIPAA violations which include ransomware attacks and data breaches impacting medical and dental practices throughout the United States.
According to the site HHS.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services), over 870,000 patient records were breached just in the month of July 2018. Protected Health Information (PHI) continues to be under attack as hackers strive to monetize the stolen data on the dark web. The types of HIPAA violations most often identified are:
- Impermissible uses and disclosures of protected health information (PHI)
- Lack of technology safeguards of PHI
- Lack of adequate contingency planning in case of a data breach or ransomware attack
- Lack of administrative safeguards of PHI
- Lack of a mandatory HIPAA risk assessment
- Lack of executed Business Associate Agreements
- Lack of employee training and updated policies and procedures
"We vetted many HIPAA compliance providers and believe PCIHIPAA's OfficeSafe Compliance Program is the right solution for our clients. Our partnership adds another quality layer of training and protection to The Complete Cloud™," said Jason Post, CEO, MBS Secure. "We are confident that our clients will find the program easy to implement and provide peace of mind knowing that they are taking the appropriate safeguards to protect their patient's private information. Best of all, they can do it for a very affordable price."
PCIHIPAA's OfficeSafe Compliance Program provides a number of key benefits that enables busy and growing dental practices to easily comply with strict HIPAA regulations. The OfficeSafe Compliance Program includes, but is not limited to:
- HIPAA Policies and Procedures – an online platform to easily create, update, record and review your HIPAA Policies and Procedures
- The HIPAA Checklist – a roadmap to track your HIPAA compliance progress
- Online HIPAA Employee Training – videos, quizzes and other training tools to keep your staff informed and updated on the latest HIPAA Regulations
- Privacy and Security Compliance Webinars – live and recorded webinars to keep team members engaged and informed
- $250,000 Data Breach and Network Security Insurance Coverage – guaranteed protection and incident response resources in case of a data breach or other security incident
- Identity Theft Restoration Protection – identity restoration for doctors and their families
- Annual PCI Compliance and Certification – includes annual SAQ's and quarterly penetration testing of IP addresses
"We are excited to be working with MBS Secure. Their infrastructure and expertise provide dental practices with peace of mind," said Jeff Broudy, CEO of PCIHIPAA. "We find that many practices don't have the resources to navigate HIPAA law, and are unaware of their most common vulnerabilities. Adding the OfficeSafe Compliance Program to MBS Secure's suite of services will provide an easy and complete solution for dental practices, large and small. We invite every MBS client to conduct a complimentary Self-Assessment to quickly identity key vulnerabilities in their practice."
Visit MBS Secure at www.mbssecure.com
About MBS Secure
Headquartered in Pearland, Texas, MBS Secure offers The Complete Cloud™ — a best-of-breed, fully integrated network customized to each client to create a true single cloud environment. The Complete Cloud™ from MBS Secure reduces ongoing capital, maintenance, and staff expenditures while providing secure and HIPAA-compliant accessibility to all operations and processes.
PCIHIPAA is an industry leader in PCI and HIPAA compliance by providing turnkey, convenient solutions for its clients. Its OfficeSafe Compliance Program is "award winning" and improves lives by removing the uncertainties surrounding compliance and data breach protection. PCIHIPAA was recently voted one of the Top 10 Healthcare Compliance Companies of 2017. Learn more at PCIHIPAA.com
For inquiries, please contact:
Dean Ara, Principal
Total Product Marketing
SOURCE MBS Secure