LIBERTYVILLE, Ill., July 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MBX Systems, a leading designer and manufacturer of custom server appliances for OEMs and ISVs, today announced a series of management hires and promotions designed to advance strategic growth and diversification of the company's product portfolio, service offerings and vertical markets. These initiatives have been producing strong results since the beginning of the year, including a 95% increase in new business, new Fortune 500 customers, and expansion into new sectors such as content delivery networks.
New hires are:
- Jamie Carruthers, Director of Marketing, a new position coordinating the activities of the company's growing marketing team. Carruthers has 18 years of experience in marketing, sales and product management, most recently as senior product manager for Grainger's customer inventory management solutions. He previously held director-level marketing positions at CareFusion and Cardinal Health with responsibilities for strategic planning, brand identity, product pipeline development and sales support.
- Roger Lam, Director of Engineering, who supervises the entire engineering department and has strategic responsibility over all engineering operations. Lam's background includes 10 years in a variety of engineering positions with GMI Solutions, a contract manufacturer of electro-mechanical assemblies and embedded computing solutions. He previously worked as a computer engineer for a developer of law enforcement/military communication equipment.
- Dean Thuente, Director of Account Management, a new role designed to assist account managers in supporting and advancing strategic relationships with existing customers. Thuente has worked in the server appliance industry since 2003, holding business development and global business management positions with both Avnet and Arrow OEM Computing Solutions. He most recently served as an Arrow OCS area director managing field-based sales and technical teams in the central U.S.
- Justin Formella, Chief Strategy Officer, following nearly eight years as the company's chief information officer and five years as the director of development. Formella leads both the infrastructure and software design teams, with achievements ranging from design and creation of the company's proprietary manufacturing floor software to a unique production environment that accelerates onboarding of new customers and fast-tracks the manufacturing process. He is also a member of MBX's executive team.
- Kevin French, Director of Support Services, following 11 years as manager of the department. French oversees a rapidly growing portfolio of support services that includes a 24/7 live telephone support option for rapid hardware troubleshooting and diagnosis, global support with one number to call worldwide for after-hours problem resolution, and RMA repair programs performed in the U.S., EU and APAC with expedited cross-shipping.
All appointments are effective immediately.
About MBX Systems
MBX Systems is a leading designer and manufacturer of application-optimized server appliances and cloud-ready solutions for ISVs and service providers worldwide. MBX delivers turnkey hardware systems that are 100% customized to the customer's specifications by in-house platform engineers, while also offering value-added services such as branding, software imaging, regulatory/compliance, global logistics and warranty support to relieve customers of all hardware responsibilities. That unusual range of services, along with award-winning quality, innovation and customer service, has attracted customers in more than 40 vertical industries in the past two decades. For more information, visit www.mbx.com.
SOURCE MBX Systems