LIBERTYVILLE, Ill., April 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Server appliance manufacturer MBX Systems today announced MBX Clear, a new Hardware-as-a-Service (HaaS) deployment model enabling ISVs and OEMs utilizing MBX's hardware manufacturing services to pay a monthly subscription fee for each system instead of purchasing finished units. The company will officially launch the new option at Booth S932 at the RSA Conference 2015 running April 20-24 in San Francisco.
MBX's HaaS strategy eliminates capital outlays, improves budgeting and cash flow, and relieves customers of accounting burdens such as the need to write off and dispose of obsolete systems. In addition, it:
- Benefits Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers by enabling them to offer customers the performance optimization benefits of an on-premise hardware appliance without inventory commitments or other appliance-related overhead.
- Simplifies the sales model for vendors using traditional appliance licensing by making it possible to offer end customers a monthly hardware payment alternative rather than requiring them to pay for systems out of their capital budget.
- Provides scalability for startups and rapidly growing companies by allowing appliances to be built to forecast without incurring large upfront purchase expenses.
- Eliminates the need to purchase extended hardware warranties because customers no longer own equipment or are responsible for repairs.
- Removes barriers to ISV and OEM appliance adoption by eliminating upfront equipment investments and related administrative and inventory responsibilities.
The MBX Clear monthly fee covers the use of each integrated hardware/software appliance at end user sites as well as shipping, repairs, replacements and other support services. MBX owns the equipment, ships it to end users on demand, issues a single monthly bill for all customer systems in the field, and reclaims units when subscriptions expire or systems are upgraded. Pricing varies according to the hardware configuration.
"MBX Clear is a new approach in the appliance market with distinct benefits for many vendors, from the capex/opex advantage pioneered by the SaaS model to the complete elimination of inventory and obsolescence concerns," said Chris Tucker, MBX Director of Business Development. "If SaaS is any indication, HaaS may soon become a standard in our industry."
MBX Clear is the latest addition to the company's comprehensive hardware program, which enables ISVs and OEMs to deliver their solutions as fully integrated hardware/software packages to optimize performance and simplify deployment at end user sites. The company has served vendors in multiple industries for more than two decades, including customers ranging from CA Technologies to AlienVault, BAE Systems, FireEye and Rapid7 in the security sector.
MBX is an HP OEM Integrator partner, Intel Technology Provider Platinum, Seagate Elite Partner and Nvidia Tesla Preferred Provider.
About MBX Systems
MBX Systems is a leading designer and manufacturer of application-optimized server appliances and cloud-ready solutions for ISVs and service providers worldwide. MBX delivers turnkey hardware systems that are 100% customized to the customer's specifications by in-house platform engineers, while also offering value-added services such as branding, software imaging, regulatory/compliance, global logistics and warranty support to relieve customers of all hardware responsibilities. That unusual range of services, along with award-winning quality, innovation and customer service, has attracted customers in more than 40 vertical industries in the past two decades. For more information, visit www.mbx.com.
SOURCE MBX Systems