SPARKS, Md., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring is an exciting time filled with new life and bright colors blooming both in the garden and in the kitchen. Inspired by these hues and flavors, the experts in the McCormick Kitchens have developed a collection of recipes and tips for spring gatherings with a special focus on a star ingredient of the season – the egg.
"We saw a great opportunity to showcase the versatility of the egg, a quintessential ingredient of spring, using fresh colors and flavors in recipes equally as lively as the season," said Mary Beth Harrington of the McCormick Kitchens.
Celebrate eggs by creating a delicious menu with warm cinnamon and bold mustard to wake up the flavors in savory dishes such as brunch casseroles and deviled eggs. Play up eggs in colorful fresh baked treats paired with lemon, almond and vanilla extracts.
McCormick has created a collection of colorful, flavorful brunch recipes, perfect for a spring gathering with family and friends of all ages:
- Cheesy Bacon and Egg Brunch Casserole: A flavorful blend of spices including mustard, nutmeg and black pepper makes this dish a satisfying and savory spring brunch staple.
- Overnight French Toast: Perfect for a busy morning, overnight refrigeration lets the rich eggs and vanilla soak into the bread for a flavorful, indulgent dish.
- Very Vanilla Fruit Salad: Vanilla extract accents fresh fruit for a flavorful, colorful addition to the table.
- Daisy Cupcakes: Nothing says spring quite like a blooming flower, and these colorfully decorated, cream-filled cupcakes boast both spring flavor and decor and are an easy way to get kids involved in the gathering.
- Easy Mini Cheesecakes: Pure almond and vanilla extracts give these bite-sized cakes a burst of rich flavor, while a seasonal fruit topping highlights the flavors of spring.
Once the menu is finalized, use these tips and ideas from the McCormick Kitchens to simplify your at-home gatherings:
- Make Prep a Snap: Enjoy more time with your guests by making no-fuss dishes that are easy to prepare ahead, like casseroles and fruit salads.
- Delicious Deviled Eggs: Offer guests exciting variations on classic deviled eggs by adding tarragon paired with capers, or season with the unexpected flavor of curry.
- Add a "Punch" of Color: Make the punch bowl part of the party decor. Start by mixing five to seven drops of McCormick Food Color into a punch bowl filled with your favorite springtime drink. Continue to add more drops to achieve the desired hue.
- Artsy Egg Dyeing: Kids will love fun techniques like sponge painting, crackle color and tie-dyeing for a unique take on egg decorating. Mix 1/2 cup boiling water, 1 teaspoon vinegar and 10 to 20 drops food color in a cup to achieve desired colors. Repeat for each color.
- Batch Bake: Double-batch a festive dessert recipe like Easter Egg Cake Bites, and vary the extracts and food color to make two unique treats in one effort. Try lemon extract paired with yellow food color, or raspberry extract paired with blue food color.
For more ideas on how to create a memorable springtime get-together, visit McCormick.com or Facebook.com/McCormickSpice, or join McCormick on Pinterest at Pinterest.com/McCormickSpices. Look for McCormick Spices, Food Colors, and Extracts in the spice aisle of supermarkets and mass merchandisers nationwide.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.mccormick.com/foodmedia.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. Visit McCormick.com and Facebook.com/McCormickSpice for more information.