PHILADELPHIA, April 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- McDonald's and its franchisees are looking to hire up to 1,325 new crew and restaurant management positions at its Philadelphia-area restaurants on April 19.
- This one-day event is part of a nationwide initiative for McDonald's and its franchisees – the target, hire up to 50,000 new employees at restaurants across the country.
- The new positions will include a combination of both seasonal and sustaining full-time and part-time positions based upon individual restaurant needs.
- For interested applicants who want to learn more about the McDonald's work experience, McDonald's current employees have volunteered to proudly share their "Why I Love My McJob" stories online at www.McDonalds.com/Careers.
- Those interested in applying for an available position are encouraged to visit their participating local McDonald's or apply online at www.McDonalds.com/Careers.
- To celebrate McDonald's Hiring Day event, there will be two Open Houses on April 19 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the McDonald's of Absecon, N.J., and the McDonald's located at 52nd and Jefferson in West Philadelphia.
"Our business is strong and our customers are responding positively to the variety of choices on our menu and the value and convenience we provide," said Deb Mossa, McDonald's regional vice president and general manager, who began her McDonald's career at the front counter of her local restaurant. "As our business continues to grow, we want to provide our customers with an even better experience in all of our Philadelphia restaurants. And every employee plays a vital role in helping us fulfill that goal."
McDonald's USA, LLC, is the leading foodservice provider in the United States serving a variety of wholesome foods made from quality ingredients to millions of customers every day. More than 80 percent of McDonald's 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by local franchisees. There are nearly 300 McDonald's restaurants in the Greater Philadelphia Region. For more information on McDonald's visit www.mcdonalds.com or log on at any of the 10,000 Wi-Fi enabled McDonald's U.S. restaurants. Visit www.mcstate.com for local restaurant, career and program information. Follow us on Twitter @McDPhilly for the latest news, info, events and promotions, and find us on facebook at www.facebook.com/mcdonalds.
McDonald's Corporation, its subsidiaries and its independent franchisees are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
SOURCE McDonald's USA, LLC