AUSTIN, Texas, March 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --Learning science company McGraw-Hill Education today announced its full schedule of programming for next week's SXSW EDU conference, joining thousands of educators, students and innovators once again to explore what's next in education. From March 5-8, McGraw-Hill Education will engage in panel sessions, host guest speakers in its McGraw-Hill Learning Lab and join Austin Community College for a special reception and tour of the college's innovative ACCelerator digital learning space. Additionally, SXSW EDU attendees will be able to stop by its onsite lounge to help the company give back to school projects through DonorsChoose.org.
McGraw-Hill Education will be participating in six panel sessions, three of which will be hosted within the McGraw-Hill Learning Lab (Hilton Austin, Room 406).
- Learning Science in the Wild: Learning scientists will share insights from recent research projects and make suggestions on how educators and administrators can apply what they've learned in schools and colleges. [2 p.m. -3 p.m., Monday, March 5, Hilton Austin, Room 406]
- Three Ways Education Leaders are Thinking About Equity: The session will focus on how education leaders from K-12 and higher education can help address equity in education and create the right conditions for equitable learning outcomes. [2 p.m. -3 p.m., Tuesday, March 6, Hilton Austin, Room 406]
- Closing the Digital Gap in Urban Districts: This panel will focus on the ongoing digital divide, particularly across urban school districts, which are still struggling with unequal internet and device access and issues with technology infrastructure. [5 p.m.- 6 p.m., Tuesday, March 6, Hilton Austin Downtown Salon C]
- AI: Learning Game-Changer or Something to Fear?: This panel will examine the issues colleges and others in higher education must consider as artificial intelligence matures. [11 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., Wednesday, March 7, Hilton Austin Downtown Salon G]
- Teaching the New Majority-Minority Generation: This panel will discuss questions and solutions to support students and educators as classrooms shift to new majority-minority settings. [11 a.m. - 12 p.m., Wednesday, March 7, Hilton Austin Downtown Room 400 – 402]
- Learning Science: Becoming a Better Learner: The session will focus on how we can all learn more effectively and efficiently, from practicing better to how learners can get grittier. [2 p.m. - 3 p.m., Wednesday, March 7, Hilton Austin, Room 406]
In addition to the panel sessions, McGraw-Hill Education has several other activities at SXSW EDU:
- Guided Tour of the ACCelerator, an Innovative Digital Learning Space: McGraw-Hill Education is joining Austin Community College for a reception and guided tour of the college's unique ACCelerator lab, a state-of the-art facility created out of an abandoned mall, which now provides over 600 individual workstations for personalized learning. [6 p.m. - 8 p.m., Wednesday, March 7]
- McGraw-Hill Learning Lab: McGraw-Hill Education's Learning Lab will be open during conference hours (Monday-Wednesday 9:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Thursday 9:30 a.m. - Noon) for attendees to visit in-between sessions to recharge, grab some coffee and help McGraw-Hill Education give back to local school projects through DonorsChoose.org.
For more information on McGraw-Hill Education's participation in SXSW EDU 2018, download the official SXSW EDU mobile app, and check out our website. McGraw-Hill Education will also be posting live tweets from SXSW EDU through its Twitter feeds: @MHEducation, @mhhighered and @McGrawHillK12.
About McGraw-Hill Education
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 60 languages. Visit us at mheducation.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter.
About SXSW EDU
The SXSW EDU® Conference & Festival cultivates and empowers a community of engaged stakeholders to advance teaching and learning. The annual four-day event affords registrants open access to engaging sessions, immersive workshops, interactive learning experiences, film screenings, early-stage startups, business opportunities and networking. SXSW EDU is a component of the South by Southwest® family of conferences and festivals. Join the passionate and innovative community at SXSW EDU, March 5-8, 2018 in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit http://www.sxswedu.com.
SOURCE McGraw-Hill Education