ANAHEIM, Calif., Oct. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- This week, McGraw-Hill is showcasing a range of digital programs for higher education at the 2010 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference at the Anaheim Convention Center (Booth #1576-1578). McGraw-Hill's all-digital teaching and learning tools and programs represent the broadest and deepest offerings of any educational publisher, including:
- McGraw-Hill Connect™ (www.mcgrawhilldigital.com), the most advanced all-digital teaching and learning platform for higher education. McGraw-Hill recently partnered with Blackboard Inc., which will allow students and faculty to use their campus Blackboard® account to access the full suite of McGraw-Hill Connect® content and tools.
- McGraw-Hill Create™ (www.mcgrawhillcreate.com), a recently launched innovative custom publishing platform that gives instructors unprecedented control over, and customization of, higher education classroom content.
- LearnSmart (www.mhhe.com/learnsmart) is a state-of-the-art online adaptive study tool that helps to build metacognitive skills while assessing students' knowledge state to help build proficiency levels in courses.
- Tegrity Campus, (http://www.tegrity.com/) a cloud-based lecture capture solution that offers students a searchable, highly-personalized, collaborative learning environment.
- GradeGuru.com, a knowledge sharing network where college students can share and find class-specific notes, build their academic reputations, and earn rewards on an easy-to-use online platform.
- ALEKS, (http://www.aleks.com/) a web-based program that interacts with students much like a skilled human tutor, with the ability to assess precisely a student's knowledge and provide personalized instruction on the exact topics the student is most ready to learn.
The 2010 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference unites the best thinking in higher education IT by bringing together insightful people, innovative research, supportive companies and useful resources. Demonstrations of McGraw-Hill's digital solutions will be featured at a paper-free booth (#1576-1578) throughout the conference. Visit www.mcgrawhilldigital.com to learn more. In addition, the booth will conduct prize giveaways of iPads – complete with access to McGraw-Hill programs and applications.
"McGraw-Hill is committed to pioneering digital learning solutions and developing technology that delivers more relevant information, in more innovative ways, to more people around the world," said Rik Kranenburg, president of McGraw-Hill's Higher Education, Professional and International Group. "We are excited to play an active role in leading the development of advanced education tools that can be tailored to fit each professor's teaching style and the individual learning and studying styles of each student."
At the conference, McGraw-Hill will demonstrate its new Create custom publishing platform. With Create, instructors can produce their own e-books or printed texts by selecting content chapter-by-chapter from a vast library of over 50,000 resources – and receive a digital proof in under an hour or a print review copy in three to five days. This represents a marked improvement over existing platforms, which often take up to three weeks to deliver review copies. Once an instructor has finalized his or her Create project, students may either purchase and download a digital version or elect to buy a printed book through the McGraw-Hill's ebookstore or their school bookstore.
McGraw-Hill will be posting live tweets from the conference through its Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/MHEducation) using the conference hash tag (#EDUCAUSE2010).
About McGraw-Hill Higher Education
McGraw-Hill Higher Education, a unit of McGraw-Hill Education, is a leading innovator in the development of 21st century teaching and learning digital solutions for postsecondary and higher education markets worldwide. Through a comprehensive range of traditional and digital education content and tools focused on improving student learning outcomes, McGraw-Hill Higher Education empowers and prepares professionals and students to connect, learn and succeed in the global economy. McGraw-Hill Education, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP), has offices in 33 countries and publishes in more than 65 languages. Additional information is available at http://www.mheducation.com.
SOURCE McGraw-Hill Education