SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- "Me and My Web Shadow", a new book about personal online reputation management by iCrossing's Antony Mayfield, senior vice president, social media, is available for purchase in the U.S. beginning this week.
Social networking on the Web has vastly increased the amount of personal information available for nearly anyone to see — from your favorite movies to where you were out drinking the night before. What happens when someone puts your name into Google or Facebook, and how can it be used against you?
While most books give advice about the benefits of social networking and how to use Google, Facebook, and MySpace, "Me and My Web Shadow" by Antony Mayfield is the first book to address how to understand and manage what people see when the look for you online and how to protect your online "shadow."
"Me and My Web Shadow" helps you to:
- Protect yourself against identity theft, account hijacking, and cyber-bullying
- Create new career and business opportunities by taking part in social networks and other online communities
- Develop a personal plan for managing your online reputation in social networks and beyond
- Understand how what's said about you on the Web can affect your business
The book's own Web shadow includes the following:
- Website: http://www.meandmywebshadow.com
- Facebook group: http://bit.ly/fbwebshadows
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/webshadows
iCrossing is a global digital marketing agency that combines talent and technology to help world-class brands find and connect with their customers. The company blends best-in-class digital marketing services — including paid search, search engine optimization, Web development, social media, mobile, research and analytics — to create integrated digital marketing programs that engage consumers and drive ROI. iCrossing's client base includes such recognized brands as Epson America, Toyota, Travelocity and 40 Fortune 500 companies, including The Coca-Cola Company and Office Depot. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., the company has 550 employees in 12 offices in the U.S. and Europe.
Senior Director of Public Relations