BILLERICA, Mass., Jan. 19 /PRNewswire/ --
- Philip Howard, Research Director, Bloor Research
- Shahzad Sarwar, Architect, Level (3) Communications
- David Menninger, VP Product Management & Marketing, Vertica
Batch data warehousing is disappearing. Typical batch data warehouses are updated every 24 hours or even less frequently. Most warehouse users want more timely information. The velocity of business, the 24 hour-a-day Internet, and the "follow the sun" behavior of international enterprises generally means that 24 hour latency is not good enough.
In this webinar, Bloor Research's Philip Howard will review the continuum of low latency applications ranging from milliseconds to minutes and discuss the technical challenges of data warehousing in these environments.
Issues to be covered include:
- Types of applications requiring low latency
- How to overcome the inverse relationship between the quantity of data to be loaded and the achievable latency
- Query and analytic requirements of low latency applications
- Database structures and features to support low latency analytics
WHEN: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 from 12:00-1:00 p.m. ET
WHERE: To sign up, please visit: Register for Vertica/VMware webinar here.
Vertica Systems is the market innovator for high-performance analytic database management systems that run on industry-standard hardware. Co-founded by database pioneer Dr. Michael Stonebraker, Vertica has developed column-oriented analytic database technology with an MPP architecture that lets companies of any size store and query very large databases orders of magnitude faster and more affordably than other solutions. The Vertica Analytic Database is available as software only, as a hardware based appliance, as a virtual appliance on VMware or online as a cloud computing solution. The technology's unmatched speed, scalability, flexibility and ease of use helps Vertica's 100+ customers including JP Morgan Chase, Verizon, Mozilla, Comcast, Level(3) Communications and Vonage capitalize on business opportunities in real time. Vertica is headquartered in Billerica, Mass. For more information, visit the company's Web site at http://www.vertica.com.
SOURCE Vertica Systems