WASHINGTON, May 19, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Hudson Institute announced today that U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA), will introduce the Patient Freedom Act on Thursday, May 21 at 12pm at Hudson Institute. Sen. Cassidy's proposed legislation seeks to provide an alternative to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and protect Americans currently receiving federal insurance subsidies from losing their health coverage.
Members of the press and public are invited to attend and a live webcast will be available on Hudson Institute's website at www.hudson.org.
- What: The introduction of Senator Bill Cassidy's Patient Freedom Act and a panel discussion of the impending King V. Burwell Supreme Court ruling.
- When: Thursday, May 21 at 12pm.
- Where: Hudson InstituteBetsy and Walter Stern Conference Center1015 15th Street NW, 6th FloorWashington, DC 20005
- Why: Sen. Cassidy, a practicing physician with nearly three decades experience providing healthcare to uninsured and underinsured patients in Baton Rouge, will make the case for the Patient Freedom Act as a lower-cost alternative to the ACA. The plan aims to protect the 5-10 million Americans currently receiving federal insurance subsidies from losing their health coverage.
- Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA), practicing physician and Member of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
- John Walters, Chief Operating Officer, Hudson Institute and former Director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Tevi Troy, Adjunct Fellow, Hudson Institute, and former Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Hudson Institute is an independent research organization promoting new ideas for the advancement of global security, prosperity and freedom. http://www.hudson.org
SOURCE Hudson Institute