NEW YORK, Nov. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
WHAT: CoreOS today announced speakers and the full schedule for the premier event for leaders in container-enabled infrastructure, Tectonic Summit. Verizon Labs, Spotify, International Securities Exchange, Viacom, Stripe and other businesses using containers will take part in high-level discussions about strategy, as well as share knowledge about the technology that is changing how to more effectively deploy and manage applications. Enterprise leaders will learn about next-generation infrastructure that relies on container technologies to achieve higher machine utilization and consistent environments from the cloud to the data center.
WHEN: December 2 - 3, 2015; 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. ET each day
WHERE: The TimesCenter, 242 W 41st St., New York, NY 10036. Request a Tectonic Summit invitation: https://tectonic.com/summit
WHO: Tectonic Summit speakers will share how top enterprises are using container technologies to transform their business.
- Lawrence Rau, director of technology at Verizon Labs, will dive into how container technologies are helping Verizon save time from dev to test to production.
- Robert Cornish, CTO of International Securities Exchange, and Paul Morgan, systems architect at International Securities Exchange, will talk about the ISE's container strategy and how using technologies such as CoreOS to make true application portability a reality.
- Michael Venezia, senior director at Viacom, will present a talk on creating next generation Kubernetes infrastructure at Viacom.
- Craig McLuckie, senior product manager and co-founder of the Kubernetes project at Google, will discuss how Google runs two billion containers in production each week.
- Tommy Reilly, director of software engineering at CA Technologies, will discuss how CA Technologies is using containers not only for microservices, but also for large enterprise and legacy applications.
- Bob Wise, chief cloud technologist at Samsung SDS Research America, will discuss the future of private cloud.
- A panel, Containers at Web-Scale, will feature Leah Hanson, internal software developer tools at Stripe, Mats Linander, technical product owner at Spotify, and Richard Kaufmann, vice president at Samsung SDSA.
- Speakers from CoreOS will include Alex Polvi, CEO, Brandon Philips, CTO, Brian 'Redbeard' Harrington, principal architect, and Matthew Garrett, principal security software engineer.
- And more.
CoreOS thanks the following sponsors of Tectonic Summit 2015:
- Title sponsor: Intel
- Gold sponsor: Cisco Systems, DigitalOcean, Google
- Silver sponsors: ClusterHQ, Datera, Deis, Packet, Redapt, Sysdig
- Bronze sponsor: Nebulaworks
- In partnership with: Cloud Technology Partners and Work-Bench
Tectonic, delivered by CoreOS, is the universal Kubernetes solution for deploying, managing and securing containers anywhere. Tectonic combines Kubernetes and the CoreOS stack in a commercial distribution, prepackaged with an enterprise-ready management dashboard, an integrated container registry and a supported, continuously up-to-date distributed platform.
Tectonic is available in any environment, cloud or on-premise. Learn more at https://tectonic.com/ or follow Tectonic on Twitter @tectonicstack.
About CoreOS, Inc.
CoreOS, Inc., the leader in container infrastructure, provides distributed systems components and solutions to positively change the way companies run applications. CoreOS is the creator of Tectonic, the universal Kubernetes solution, that combines Google's Kubernetes and the CoreOS stack to deploy, manage and secure containers anywhere. In addition, CoreOS is the creator and maintainer of open source projects CoreOS Linux, etcd, fleet, flannel and rkt. The strategies and architectures that influence CoreOS allow companies like Google, Facebook and Twitter to run their services at scale with high resilience. Learn more at https://coreos.com/ or follow CoreOS on Twitter @coreoslinux.