Dec 14, 2017, 08:30 ET
NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Mediant, a leading provider of investor communications solutions, today announced the release of its inaugural Trends in Fintech and Investor Communications report, which reveals key findings on the impact of fintech across the securities industry. Based on responses from industry operations and technology leaders, the report examines the driving factors behind fintech investment, the influence of these new technologies, and the effect fintech has on investor communications.
Notable findings of the survey include:
- Over three-quarters of firms planned to invest more in fintech this year than in previous years, with only 3% of firms responding that they were investing less in 2017.
- Respondents selected a variety of factors that drive fintech investment, with managing operational risk selected as the top driver by 30% of respondents overall. Forty-four percent of broker-dealer participants said keeping up with new and changing regulations was their firm's top investment driver.
- When asked which fintech innovations will have the most impact on firms over the next two to five years, the most popular response from participants was machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- The impact of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies will grow over the next five years, with 13% of participants saying that blockchain is the most impactful technology over the short term, and 24% of participants saying it will have the most impact over the medium term.
- Participants emphasized mobile and digital solutions as crucial for shareholder engagement, with 48% implementing digital services in order to enhance communications with investors.
"It is clear that the evolution of fintech is creating opportunities across the entire financial services industry, particularly in the area of investor communications," said Stacey Robinson, Chief Technology Officer of Mediant. "The survey results in the 2017 Trends in Fintech and Investor Communications report show that in years to come, fintech will continue to be crucial for reducing costs, optimizing internal processes, maintaining regulatory compliance, and meeting investors' needs."
Mediant conducted the survey during the 2017 SIFMA Operations Conference. The largest category of survey participants was broker-dealers, at nearly one-third of all respondents. Other respondent firms included solution providers (23%), banks (13%), clearing/settlement companies (11%), and fund companies (7%). Financial advisors, asset managers, and regulators also participated in the survey.
For more details, access the full report here.
Mediant is an industry leading investor communications solutions provider. We power investor communications through intelligent technology and passionate people. Mediant actively develops game-changing new technologies for banks, brokers, corporate issuers, funds, and investment advisors. We connect the entire investor communications community through our single, secure platform. Established in 2002, Mediant enables leading financial institutions to enrich their customer relationships and unlock new levels of efficiency and accuracy through the unprecedented transparency of the MIC platform.
For more information go to www.mediantinc.com.
Follow Mediant on Twitter (https://twitter.com/MediantInc).
Press Contacts: Susan Assadi or Jake Nesbitt
Gitenstein & Assadi Public Relations 800-922-8792
[email protected] or [email protected]
Share this article