SAN FRANCISCO, April 22, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global medical billing outsourcing market size is projected to reach USD 19.7 billion by 2026 expanding at a CAGR of 11.8%, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Large amount of medical code representation for diagnosis and treatment coupled with the presence of multiple payers renders medical billing an intricate part of any medical practice, posing significant challenges.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In-house segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018. However, outsourced medical billing is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing segment in future
- Front-end services led the market in 2018. However, middle-end services segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of 12.4% over the forecast period
- Hospitals accounted for the largest market share of the medical billing outsourcing market in 2018 and is estimated to maintain the dominance even during the forecast years
- North America held the largest share of the global market. It is projected to expand further as U.S. has witnessed a change in healthcare system with the implementation of ICD-10 coding and pressure from the government to incorporate EMR management system
- Some of the key firms in this industry include Accretive Health, Inc.; Allscripts; Cerner Corporation; EClinicalWorks; Experian Information Solutions, Inc.; GE Healthcare; Genpact; HCL; Kareo; McKesson Corporation; Quest Diagnostics; and The SSI Group, LLC
Read 225 page research report with TOC on "Medical Billing Outsourcing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By End Use (Hospitals, Physician Offices), By Service (Front-end, Middle-end, Back-end), By Component (Outsourced, In-House), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-billing-outsourcing-market
Currently, the healthcare system is witnessing a subsequent rise in outsourcing of medical billing services by hospitals and physicians due to obligatory implementation of complex ICD-10 coding system, increasing healthcare costs, and federal mandate to implement Electronic Medical Records (EMR) to maintain reimbursement levels.
Furthermore, clinics/physician offices are gradually outsourcing their revenue management to cut unnecessary costs and prevent the burden of managing an administrative team to ensure effective handling of in-house billing functions. In addition, multispecialty medical groups are implementing consolidation requiring EHR integration and building large healthcare networks. This integration creates a need for Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), which, in turn, demands additional expertise and trained personnel to manage the same. Thus, consolidation of large healthcare practices is also expected to be a one of the factors fueling the market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global medical billing outsourcing market on the basis of component, service, end use, and region:
- Medical Billing Outsourcing Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Medical Billing Outsourcing Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Front End
- Middle End
- Back End
- Medical Billing Outsourcing End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Physician Offices
- Medical Billing Outsourcing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Healthcare IT Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Telemedicine Technology Market – Global Telemedicine Technology market is expected to experience rapid growth over the forecast period owing to increasing health concerns across the world.
- High Content Screening Market – Global high content screening market is expected to witness lucrative market growth as a consequence of rising need for development of new drug molecules owing to presence of obsolete drug therapies with less potency.
- Spinal Non Fusion Technologies Market – Global spinal non fusion technologies market is anticipated to exhibit a significant market growth over the forecast period as a consequence of increasing incidences of spinal disorders.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]arch.com
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.