BOCA RATON, Fla., March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Medical Staffing Network Healthcare, LLC (MSN) has released its 2014 Pulse of the Healthcare Industry infographic, a graphical representation of the employment outlook, regulatory impact and overall industry perspectives of healthcare professionals across the country. Most notably, the infographic reveals a healthcare workforce that is stable and secure in their current roles, satisfied and confident in their careers, yet largely uncertain of the potential impact of healthcare reform on the profession.
According to the 2014 Pulse of the Healthcare Industry infographic:
- More than half (58 percent) of healthcare professionals feel confident in their job security.
- More than two-thirds (67 percent) of healthcare professionals feel fulfilled in their profession.
- The majority of respondents (86 percent) would recommend healthcare to future workers.
- 6 out of 10 healthcare professionals do not plan to look for a new job in the next 6 months; however 35 percent plan to make a job transition.
- Healthcare professionals are largely divided when it comes to the impact of healthcare reform and the ACA on the healthcare profession, with nearly equal parts believing the result will be positive, negative or uncertain.
- When it comes to job satisfaction and workplace appeal, compensation is the most important workplace attribute among healthcare professionals, followed by flexibility, location and schedule.
"Healthcare is undoubtedly one of the most diverse and dynamic industries and professions. As one of the largest and most recognized healthcare staffing providers, MSN is honored to serve as such an integral part of the healthcare ecosystem," said Brian Poplin, President and CEO of Medical Staffing Network. "This role provides us with direct insight into the perspectives of healthcare professionals across the country, giving us the unique opportunity to work collaboratively with our many client facilities to develop recruitment and retention strategies that promote clinician engagement and appreciation. I am encouraged by the findings of our 2014 Pulse of the Healthcare Industry, which reveal a workforce that is relatively satisfied and engaged. Although survey respondents expressed mixed emotions regarding the impact healthcare reform may have on the profession overall, they did universally express one sentiment in particular -- the recommendation of the career choice to future generations of the workforce -- perhaps the most telling indicator of satisfaction. However, in order for workers to remain happy, their current role and workplace must be one that compensates fairly and offers flexibility, along with a desirable location and schedule -- key areas that will directly impact an employer's ability to remain competitive in the marketplace."
The Medical Staffing Network 2014 Pulse of the Healthcare Industry infographic can be downloaded here. The data showcased in the infographic was collected from January 2, 2014 -- January 20, 2014, from 1,650 healthcare professionals across the country.
About Medical Staffing Network Healthcare, LLC
Medical Staffing Network is one of the largest and most recognized national providers of healthcare staffing and workforce solutions that balance quality patient care with cost-savings. With more than 30 years of experience, MSN's offerings streamline and optimize the patient care continuum from recruitment and onboarding to intake and case management. As a comprehensive healthcare staffing company, MSN provides nursing, allied healthcare, pharmacy, clinical research, anesthesia, advanced practice and case management professionals through a network of 60+ locations and traveler solutions.
Contact: Cheryl Rhody
SOURCE Medical Staffing Network Healthcare, LLC