BERKELEY, Calif., Nov. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Jmîchaeĺe Keller, President and CEO of Steep Hill, the global leader in cannabis science, technology and analytics, announced today the finalization of the C-Suite strategic leadership team that will put Steep Hill in an optimal position to fully capitalize on the upcoming adult use legalization in California and drive the company's expansion into global markets around the world.
In making this announcement, President and CEO of Steep Hill, Jmîchaeĺe Keller said, "I am excited and proud to announce a top management team with extensive experience in cannabis analytics, genetics and intellectual property, in addition to top leaders who bring traditional business experience from start-ups and publicly-traded companies, to facilitate Steep Hill's explosive growth around the world."
Steep Hill's C-Suite includes:
- Jmîchaeĺe Keller, President and CEO – Mr. Keller leads the strategic vision and exponential growth of the company, implementing the systems that have strengthened the company's financial results while building effective and cohesive teams. Originally joining Steep Hill as an investor, Mr. Keller recognized that experience in growing his previous software company could be leveraged to create a competitive advantage by building the Steep Hill myLab™ software solution. His keen intuition and clarity for entrepreneurship, combined with his desire to unlock the potential in every human makes him a truly inspirational leader. His passion lies in architecting new corporate paradigms that transcend the walls of conventional thinking, achieving Win-Win-Win relationships for all Stakeholders.
- Brian Brandley, Ph.D., MBA, Chief Lab Officer – Dr. Brandley oversees the daily operations of capacity planning, quality control, and laboratory management, as well as, the strategic planning of capacity, equipment and personnel. Dr. Brandley has garnered 30 years of experience directing cross-disciplinary teams of chemists, biologists and business units. He led research organizations in analytical, preclinical, and GMP operations at multiple pharmaceutical and biotech companies where he directed R&D teams, researched INDs & NDAs, managing validations, specifications, stability protocols & intellectual property.
- Jane Wright-Mitchell, PharmD, JD, Chief Legal Officer – Ms. Wright-Mitchell advises Steep Hill on all legal and compliance matters. She manages legal risk, including protecting Steep Hill's intellectual property, regulatory, human resource and financial business interests, and manages outside legal counsel. She joins the company with a wealth of legal management experience having worked for multiple publicly-traded pharmaceutical companies. She holds a BS in Biological Sciences from Clemson University, a Pharm.D. from the University of Illinois, and a JD from Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Jeremy Keller, Chief Technology Officer – Mr. Keller is responsible for all technology strategy and execution, including the vision and development of myLab™, Steep Hill's proprietary ERP software solution. Mr. Keller joined Steep Hill from the publicly traded company, Amadeus, and applies over twenty years of professional experience in building software development teams, product development, Agile and Scrum methodologies, IT systems management, architecting scalable enterprise products, networking, embracing the cloud ecosystem, emerging technologies and setting strategic planning.
- Reggie Gaudino, Ph.D., Chief Science Officer – Dr. Gaudino oversees all scientific research and development for Steep Hill and manages the Ynsight™ genetics division. Dr. Gaudino directed a team of researchers which led to the development of GenKit™, the first cannabis DNA-based sex test. The research from Dr. Gaudino has been peer-reviewed and published, leading to important new discoveries in the cannabis industry. He is internationally recognized as a leader in the field of cannabis genetics where his former experience as a Patent Agent with Sequenome brings valuable insight to the cannabis industry.
- Scott Cathcart, Chief Global Expansion Officer – Mr. Cathcart is the architect and leader of the company's global expansion program, and responsible for the design, implementation, negotiation and management of Steep Hill's licensee and joint ventures across the United States and around the world. Under Mr. Cathcart's direction, Steep Hill has grown from one lab in Oakland, CA to labs in (10) U.S. states, D.C., Canada, Mexico, Israel and Jamaica. Mr. Cathcart has served as a C-suite executive and managed major brands such as Gillette and Nestlé at ad agencies Ogilvy & Mather and J. Walter Thompson.
- Steve Kain, Ph.D., MBA, Chief Marketing Officer – Dr. Kain's mission is to implement better solutions for Steep Hills' various stakeholders. He also provides leadership in marketing and the development of innovative software, products and services that enable our customers, licensees and strategic partners to excel in the global cannabis industry. Prior to joining Steep Hill, Dr. Kain gained extensive commercial experience in genomics, cell biology, drug discovery, and DNA sequencing at leading companies such as Thermo Fisher Scientific, NuGEN Technologies, Complete Genomics and Agilent Technologies.
- Timothy Cowart, Chief Financial Officer – Mr. Cowart develops, monitors and evaluates overall corporate financial strategy with an emphasis on long-term financial and operational planning, capital requirements, and enhancing shareholder value. Prior to joining Steep Hill, Mr. Cowart had twenty years of experience in corporate M&A and fund-raising activities including cofounding a publicly-traded European satellite communications provider which grew to over $200 million in revenue in just 5 years. He has served as a financial consultant to numerous venture-backed companies in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Tony Daniel, Chief Revenue Officer – Mr. Daniel leads multiple teams that encompass National Sales, Customer Experience, Cultivation Science and Steep Hill Express™. Prior to joining Steep Hill, Mr. Daniel worked in various management roles in the film industry, before spending 14 years as a non-profit development executive, overseeing more than $63 million in fundraising. He co-founded two social purpose companies, Make a Stand, Inc. and STAND Technologies. A long-time activist for cannabis legalization, his passion for social causes and social responsibility inspired his transition to Steep Hill.
ABOUT STEEP HILL
Steep Hill is the world's leading cannabis science and technology company with significant footprints in lab testing, research and development, licensing, genetics and remote testing. No other company effectively brings all of these sectors together in a single corporate structure. Steep Hill's foundation was built on testing and analyzing medical and recreational marijuana to ensure compliance with public safety standards. In 2008, Steep Hill opened the first commercial cannabis lab in the United States and has been on the cutting edge since its inception. Steep Hill is expanding throughout the United States, and globally. With the goal of helping the rest of the world adopt "best practices" in cannabis testing, the company also provides expert consulting services to legislators and regulators in many countries, states and municipalities around the world.
For more information about Steep Hill visit: www.steephill.com
Contact: Cathie Bennett Warner | Cell: +1-415-420-1573 | [email protected]
SOURCE Steep Hill