SACRAMENTO, Calif., Sept. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- To showcase the most advanced near-zero emissions technology available in the transportation and off-road industries, the Diesel Technology Forum will be hosting an exhibition of advanced clean diesel technology and renewable diesel fuel at the Society of Environmental Journalist's 26th Annual Conference in Sacramento, CA, on September 21-23.
The Forum's "Meeting the Climate and Clean Air Challenge for the Future" Learning Center brings together the largest and most diverse display of fuel-efficient commercial trucks, top-selling diesel pickup trucks, construction and agricultural machinery, and even a locomotive engine in California - the national leader in advancing clean air and climate protection policies.
"With the global conversation on climate and energy policy, it is essential to demonstrate first-hand the kinds of advancements and technologies that keep today's global economy moving, and also help achieve the clean air, energy and climate goals in the future," said Allen Schaeffer, the Executive Director of the Diesel Technology Forum.
"The leaders in clean diesel technology will be on hand to discuss these near-zero emission engines, vehicles and equipment as well as renewable diesel fuel. We'll also discuss how these technologies are already playing a major role in improving fuel efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions on a national basis," said Schaeffer.
The Clean Diesel Learning Center will exhibit at the SEJ conference from Wednesday, September 21st until Friday, September 23rd, at the Doubletree by Hilton Sacramento, where the SEJ conference is being held. A special reception with food and refreshments will be held on Thursday, Sept. 22nd, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. for SEJ attendees and policymakers.
A First-Hand Look at the Latest Near-Zero Emissions Technology
"If you want to see what the future looks like and get a first-hand look at the latest near-zero emissions technology coupled with energy-efficient innovations, the Clean Diesel Learning Center is the exhibition to visit," Schaeffer said. "With diesel equipment and vehicles at work every day across many sectors throughout the world, this advance diesel technology is today's readily available solution for achieving tomorrow's clean air, climate and energy goals."
Some of the technology on display includes:
- The first plug-in hybrid Class 8 truck that will help improve air quality for communities near port and freight activity;
- Some of the latest top-selling pickup trucks that run clean and have impressive fuel economy;
- Agricultural equipment that can be operated by a tablet to boost productivity and save fuel;
- And the latest locomotive engine that will power California's goods movement industry while reducing emissions by more than 90 percent.
Experts will also be on hand to explain how the technology functions and answer questions.
The equipment on display will include:
- Caterpillar 323F Hydraulic Excavator
- Caterpillar 262D Skid Steer Loader with the RemoteTask
- Volvo ® VNL 780 with Cummins X15 Performance Series Engine
- Cummins Tier 4 Certified QSK95 Locomotive Engine
- 2016 Nissan TITAN® XD powered by the Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel
- 2017 Freightliner Cascadia 72" Raised Roof Sleeper w/ Detroit Engine DD15 505HP
- 2016 Freightliner Utility Truck with a 6.7 Cummins Diesel Engine Using Neste Renewable Diesel
- John Deere 5M Series Utility Tractor
- John Deere 544K Wheel Loader
- Western Power Products 6090 Power Unit
- 2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT 2.8L Diesel
- Umicore Light-Duty Diesel Exhaust Emission System
- Volvo Group Integrated Technology Truck
- Yanmar YT359 Ag Tractor
Connect with the Diesel Technology Forum
For the latest insights and information from the leaders in clean diesel technology, join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter @DieselTechForum, or YouTube @DieselTechForum and connect with us on LinkedIn. Get it all by subscribing to our newsletter Diesel Direct for a weekly wrap-up of clean diesel news, policy analysis and more direct to your inbox.
ABOUT THE DIESEL TECHNOLOGY FORUM
The Diesel Technology Forum is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of diesel engines, fuel and technology. Forum members are leaders in clean diesel technology and represent the three key elements of the modern clean-diesel system: advanced engines, vehicles and equipment, cleaner diesel fuel and emissions-control systems. For more information visit www.dieselforum.org.
Available Topic Expert: For information on the listed expert, click appropriate link.
ProfNet - http://www.profnetconnect.com/Schaeffer
Contact: Steve Hansen
View this press release online here.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/meeting-the-climate-and-clean-air-challenge-of-the-future-learning-center-at-sej-annual-conference-to-highlight-future-of-near-zero-emissions-technology-300329429.html
SOURCE Diesel Technology Forum