SAN JOSE, Calif., June 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- MegaChips Corporation today announced the production shipment of the MCDP28 family of products, the world's first devices to bridge DisplayPort1.2 and HDMI2.0a, the two most common digital-display interface technologies used in computer and consumer electronics. The new products implement a high-speed level-shifter and active-protocol converter (LSPCON) in a single chip. Now consumers can enjoy 4K premium content streaming with HDCP2.2 encryption from their personal mobile devices to a large screen display in their living rooms.
"MegaChips is a leading contributor to the evolution of the DisplayPort specification and compliance standards through VESA that revolutionized connectivity experience of consumers," said Amir Sheikholeslami, Vice President Business Development at MegaChips Technology America Corporation. "We have a long history of being the first to offer innovative solutions based on the latest standards. The new MCDP28 products continue this tradition and further expand our DisplayPort offerings in the growing 4K video space that major OEMs are selecting for their next generation of notebooks and tablets based on Intel processors and USB Type-C accessories."
- Multi-media converters powered by uncompromised video rendering, advanced content protection, and enhanced security
- Supports HDMI level shifting function up to 3.4Gbps data rate and protocol conversion function up to 6.0Gbps data rate, ensuring optimal balance of power and performance for inside notebook and tablet applications
- Utmost bandwidth and versatility to empower USB Type-C to HDMI2.0a accessory (dongles, docking station) designs
- Ultimate visual experience through High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging for deep color video up to 4Kx2K 60Hz, CEA timing
- MCDP2800 (64 LFBGA, 7x7mm) – LSPCON for Motherboard down-configuration application solution
- MCDP2850 (64 LFBGA, 7x7mm) – USB Type-C / DisplayPort to HDMI2.0 accessory application solution
MegaChips Corporation (1st section of the TSE (Tokyo Stock Exchange): 6875) was established in 1990 as the first innovative fabless LSI company in Japan dedicated to ASICs and SOCs with integrating LSIs and systems/applications knowledge. Its focus is on the development of cutting-edge SOCs incorporating original algorithms and architecture in the areas of imaging, audio, and telecommunications, and using the advances it achieves to offer outstanding products and solutions that meet the needs of its clients. MegaChips' products and technologies are targeting to Mobile, Wearable devices and IoT applications. For additional information, please visit: http://www.megachips.co.jp/english/index.html.
About MegaChips Technology America Corporation ("MegaChips America")
MegaChips America is a wholly owned subsidiary of MegaChips Corporation headquartered in Osaka, Japan. MegaChips and MegaChips America are fabless LSI companies, focused on the development of system LSIs and system products that incorporate original algorithms and architecture. Customers use MegaChips solutions for their office automation, networking and storage needs in a wide range of areas, including imaging, audio, home networking, security and communications environments. MegaChips America is headquartered in San Jose, California, with design centers at Osaka, Tokyo and Chiba in Japan and Bangalore in India of MegaChips Corporation. For more information, contact the company at 408-570-0555, or visit http://www.megachips.us or the MegaChips DisplayPort product page.
SOURCE MegaChips America