DALLAS, Aug. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- MegaFest, the nation's largest inspirational family festival, today announced that Dr. Bill Winston will join ManPower as a speaker, alongside Bishop T.D. Jakes on Saturday, August 22. Additionally, MegaFest announced several new empowerment sessions, including a MegaChef Celebrity Cook Off, also set to take place on Saturday, August 22.
"We're thrilled that Dr. Winston has agreed to join the ManPower line-up," said Bishop T.D. Jakes. "Dr. Winston's intellectual prowess, passion for the Word of God, understanding of biblical finance and family will help equip today's man for the complex world in which we live."
Dr. Winston is the visionary founder and pastor of Living Word Christian Center, a 20,000-member church in Forest Park, Illinois, and Living Word Christian Center-Tuskegee in Tuskegee, Alabama. In addition to founding the two churches, he is the founder and president of Bill Winston Ministries, which is a partnership-based outreach ministry that shares the gospel through television, radio and the Internet.
In addition to an impactful ManPower line-up, MegaFest announced additions to the Empowerment Sessions, including an interactive MegaChef Celebrity Cook Off, featuring a few local favorites – Kevin Curry, founder of Fit Men Cook, Chandi Dugal, caterer, and Sharon Van Meter of 3015 at Trinity Groves. The three chefs will compete in two rounds to see who can create the best healthy appetizer and entree. Not only will attendees experience a live cooking competition, they will learn tips on how to make healthy food choices while dining out, what healthy portion sizes are and cooking tips and recipes for a healthy home. Additionally, five lucky attendees will get to participate by being a part of the tasting panel.
The MegaChef Celebrity Cook Off will be hosted by celebrity chef G. Garvin and judged by Akin Ayodele, a former NFL player and Dallas native. The cook off will take place in the Dallas Convention Center at the Expo Hall Stage on Saturday, August 22, from 10:30 a.m. – noon.
The MegaChef Celebrity Cook Off is just one of a full slate of sessions designed to educate and empower MegaFest attendees about health, technology, financial planning, business advice and relationships. A full listing of MegaFest Empowerment Sessions follows below:
- Technology: MegaFest attendees who are looking to learn more about the technology world are encouraged to attend "The Four Skills of the 21st Century Learner" empowerment session on Friday, August 21, at the Dallas Convention Center. Attendees will learn the four skills for the future and how to shift student learning for college and career readiness.
- Business and Entrepreneurship: Several empowerment sessions will be held throughout MegaFest on several aspects of business and entrepreneurship. Sessions include "Empowering Women Entrepreneurs in the 21st Century," "Strategies for Navigating Your Success," and "Get Hired! The Inside Track to Landing Your Next Position," among several other sessions.
- Health and Wellness: In addition to the MegaChef Celebrity Cook Off, there will be two other health and wellness Empowerment Sessions, including a "Your Health is Your Wealth" interactive panel featuring top DFW physicians and experts that will provide attendees with information on health-related topics such as heart disease, diabetes, and women and children's mental health. Additionally, two "MegaFit in the Park with Angela Davis" sessions will take place on Friday and Saturday mornings.
- Financial Empowerment: Throughout MegaFest, there will be several financial empowerment sessions aimed at teaching attendees how to be financially successful, whether it's in their professional or personal life.
- Love, Family and Relationships: On Thursday, August 20, and Saturday, August 22, MegaFest attendees are encouraged to attend one of three love, family and relationships empowerment sessions. The sessions will discuss finding love online and how it is possible to have it all when it comes to love, family and relationships.
- Leadership: On Thursday, August 20, and Friday, August 21, MegaFest will host several leadership empowerment sessions, including "What Glass Ceiling? How Women Can Successfully Break Through to Executive Leadership," "Putting Ourselves First: Love, Money and Life," and "Emergence: The Natural Process of Becoming a Leader," presented by the T.D. Jakes School of Leadership.
All registered MegaFest attendees are permitted entry into ManPower and all of the Empowerment Sessions, including the MegaChef Celebrity Cook Off. Registration is available online. For a complete list of scheduled empowerment sessions, please visit www.mega-fest.org/empowerment.
Since its inception in 2004, MegaFest has been a meeting place for diverse audiences from Atlanta, Ga., to Johannesburg, South Africa, and has reached nearly 1 million people. Visit www.mega-fest.com for more confirmed talent and special event updates, and stay connected via Twitter by following @tdjmegafest, @wtalconf, and @mpconf. This year's list of events includes Woman Thou Are Loosed, ManPower, MegaYouth presents Fire Code, and MegaKidz presents Destiny World. General admission tickets for all events can be purchased by visiting www.mega-fest.com. (#MegaFest2015)