11 Apr, 2017, 09:00 ET
HOUSTON, April 11, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Memorial Hermann has proudly unveiled Everyday Well, an innovative, new care delivery platform aimed at providing Houstonians with the improved ability to manage their health and wellness through enhanced access to the System's network of primary care physicians along with a suite of online tools and services that deliver the utmost in convenience for patients to live well and be well every day.
Between Memorial Hermann Medical Group (MHMG) and Memorial Hermann Physician Network (MHMD), including the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth, the System's primary care network includes more than 500 highly experienced, board-certified primary care physicians across the Greater Houston area – one of the largest primary care networks in the city.
In Houston alone, approximately 2 million people do not utilize a primary care physician, according to a 2016 Commonwealth Fund Report. However, a study by the Millbank Quarterly indicates that a population's health is better in areas with more primary care physicians and that people who receive regular care from primary care physicians are healthier overall.
"Everyday Well represents a significant step toward ensuring all Houstonians have access to primary care homes in our ongoing effort to advance the overall health of our community," said Dr. David James, Senior Vice President & CEO, MHMG. "Through this program, we will be raising awareness of the important role of primary care physicians, while also adopting innovative offerings that make primary care more available to patients through video consultations with physicians, pediatric house calls from nurse practitioners and simple on-line appointment scheduling – and we're just getting started."
Memorial Hermann believes providing better access to its primary care network will lower the cost of health care for patients through earlier detection and diagnosis of chronic diseases, increased awareness of ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and fewer unnecessary visits to the emergency room.
"Memorial Hermann has always been a pioneer in the industry, continually looking into new and innovative ways to bring our patients the most advanced, high-quality care," said David Bradshaw, Executive Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer at Memorial Hermann. "Today, delivering health care goes way beyond hospitals. It involves putting patients and members at the center of what we do. A key part of Everyday Well is the digital technology that drives it, which is aimed at improving the patient-provider relationship through expanded, easier access to care. This empowers patients with the online tools they need to be informed agents in their own health and well-being, and to help ensure they get the care they need when they need it. Through Everyday Well, we are putting the resources and tools – everything patients need to help manage their health – at their fingertips."
Here are just a few of the convenient components of Everyday Well:
- Virtual Care: Innovative options such as 1-on-1 video consultations, online nurse navigators, pediatric house calls with nurse practitioners (available now in The Woodlands), a 24/7 Nurse Health Line, and online check-in for the ER and Urgent Care – all easily accessible from the comfort of your own home.
- Improved Customer Service & Timesaving Account Tools: Instant access to tools including lab results and medical records with Everyday Well, simple online appointment planning through ScheduleNow, a wayfinding navigation tool to guide patients to the right location, online bill pay and expense tracking, and even physician direct messaging.
- Convenient Physical Locations: Numerous primary care location options in Greater Houston as well as 16 hospitals and conveniently located specialty centers, four Urgent Care Centers, 22 RediClinics, and eight Convenient Care Centers with 24-hour ERs.
- Health and Wellness: Health tips via interactive resources such as our Everyday Well blog and social media channels.
- In addition, the Everyday Well app is scheduled to launch soon and will continue to add valuable features and functions for years to come.
"Everyday Well is the cornerstone of our continued efforts to advance the health of our patients and health plan members. This platform for primary care physicians, convenient locations and digital online tools allows Memorial Hermann to become Houston's most trusted integrated health system serving individual patients, employers, and managed care organizations," said Bradshaw.
Learn more about Memorial Hermann's new Everyday Well offering.
SOURCE Memorial Hermann Health System
Share this article