ROTTERDAM, The Netherlands, April 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- MENDIX WORLD -- Mendix, a Siemens business and the global leader in no-code/low-code application development for the enterprise, today announced that its new Spring '19 Release delivers the industry's first and only low-code platform with comprehensive support for building true native mobile apps. Mendix-built mobile apps will now provide an unmatched end-user experience on devices, and paves the way for the latest mobile technologies to be fully optimized and leveraged, such as augmented reality and 3D visualizations. Bringing true native mobile development capabilities to the low-code world enables developers of any skill-set to build consumer-grade native mobile experiences that deliver superior user experiences, and enhance customer engagement.
There is currently a severe shortage of seasoned and experienced developers to meet the increasing demand for full-featured native mobile applications. Mendix is now bringing the ease-of-use, power, and speed of low-code technology to the world of native mobile application and helping to solve this important problem. Native mobile apps built with Mendix's low-code platform will deliver the optimal user experiences mobile developers strive for, while significantly improving the speed at which all developers can build mobile apps. Additionally, mobile developers no longer need to mimic native interaction behaviors using web technologies or experience difficulties in leveraging native capabilities during the development process. This is in stark contrast to the hybrid mobile capabilities offered by other low-code platforms that require tremendous developer effort to come close to, but never achieve, a true native mobile experience.
From a single visual model, Mendix developers can now build true native mobile apps and mobile web apps using a single visual language and application model and single set of integrations.
Built on the React Native open source framework, the next-generation native mobile app development platform is unmatched in the industry in delivering three key advantages for mobile development:
- Finished applications are true consumer-grade, delivering a top-tier user experience that is operating system-specific, full-featured, fast, and reliable, and are "offline first" so apps can function no matter the quality of the internet connection, or with no connection at all.
- Utilizing the industry-leading, widely embraced React Native framework, Mendix makes it easier and faster for developers of varying skill sets to build, through abstraction and WYSIWYG design, mobile apps with a full set of widgets and actions, ultimately boosting developer productivity by eliminating extra work required for delivering a superior user experience.
- Mendix is the only solution that combines the ease, speed, and efficiency of low-code development with true native mobile technology. The apps created with Mendix are not approximations, but real, true native mobile applications.
"With tools that enable developers to build natively, applications can be delivered faster, and the newest technologies accessed simply," said Johan den Haan, CTO at Mendix. "Mendix has a simple and powerful platform for enterprises to uplevel their interactions with customers through conversational interfaces like Alexa or Siri, provide value to engineers through augmented reality, and leverage cognitive services in real time through AI cloud services like IBM Watson and SAP Leonardo."
True native mobile capabilities available with Spring '19 Release include:
- Critical native UI components, including maps, slider, progress circle, progress bar, tab container, and barcode scanner. Developers can also build their own reusable components based on React Native.
- Offline-first features such as improved synchronization handling, and conflict resolution.
Mendix Spring '19 Release
Mendix Spring '19 Release is a major update to the company's pioneering low-code platform, ramping up the platform's power and capabilities, enabling enterprises to catalyze their digital innovation agendas and advance their initiatives to bring the digital and physical worlds together. With this release, Mendix is launching a new and powerful "maker movement" to drive the digital future — dramatically expanding the universe of application "makers," furthering the platform's leadership in supporting enterprise-scale applications, and leveraging smart technology, in both the creation of applications and their capabilities.
For more information about Mendix's true native mobile apps, please visit https://www.mendix.com/mobile-and-multi-channel-apps/.
Connect with Mendix
Mendix, a Siemens business and the global leader in no-code/low-code application development for the enterprise, is fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built in the digital enterprise. With the Mendix no-code/low-code platform, enterprises can 'Make with More,' by broadening an enterprise's development capability to conquer the software development bottleneck; 'Make it Smart,' by making apps with rich native experiences that are intelligent, proactive, and contextual; and 'Make at Scale,' to modernize core systems and build large app portfolios to keep pace with business growth. The Mendix platform is built to promote intense collaboration between business and IT teams, and dramatically accelerate application development cycles, while maintaining the highest standards of security, quality, and governance — in short, to help enterprises confidently leap into their digital futures. Mendix's 'Go Make It' platform has been adopted by more than 4,000 leading companies around the world.
Senior Account Manager, SHIFT Communications
Senior Director, Global Communications