HOUSTON, Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- 'Tis the season to look your best. Transform yourself or a man in your life from "ho, ho, ho-hum" to holiday "hubba hubba" by embracing this year's winter wardrobe essentials available at Men's Wearhouse.
"Men aren't necessarily hard to buy for; they just don't always know what they want. That's how Men's Wearhouse can help," said the company's Senior Vice President, General Merchandise Manager, and Lead Style Expert Scott Norris. "Our goal is to simplify the shopping experience for men as well as the gift-givers in their lives by offering a wide variety of leading brands, a selection ranging from casualwear to formalwear, and incredible values on seasonal trends as well as classic mainstays."
With more than 23 years in men's fashion, Norris has compiled this season's top six must-have looks— something perfect for any guy on your list:
- Layering and luxury fabrics: Classic layering is definitely in this winter, with a laid-back and versatile feel. Keep the cold out with a dress shirt paired with a 100 percent cashmere V-neck sweater or a faux-suede sport coat for a more casual winter look. A vintage zip-front Sherpa collar sweater can add a shot of rugged to jeans or khakis, as well as an added boost of warmth.
- Mix and match with color: Whether his style is trendy or understated, try menswear in dark earth tones, shades of purple, and classics such as navy, charcoal, and black. Pairing separates like a charcoal wool trouser with a black sport coat allows for flexibility with items he may already have — simply make it fresh with a new shirt or coordinating tie in a jewel-tone accent.
- Business by day, party by night: Looks that can easily transition from work to evening are great for the man on the go. Wearing a dark, pinstriped wool suit with flat-front trousers can easily be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Spice up the look with paisley ties or incorporate unusual colors to make a drab winter day more colorful. The perfect stocking stuffer, ties are a fun way to express a man's personality without a major investment (neckwear prices start at $19.99).
- Modern military: Military-inspired looks are all the rage this winter. Look for sharp military apparel such as buttons, exposed zippers, and shoulder detail with epaulets and stitching. Try a gunmetal gray no-iron shirt from Joseph Abboud with flat-front navy wool slacks.
- Designer denim: Dark denim is ideal for casual workdays or weekends, making it a comfortably stylish and always versatile gift. In addition to offering a vast selection of leading brands in formalwear and suits, Men's Wearhouse offers a variety of designer jeans, including Lucky, Buffalo, and Pronto Uomo.
- Slimmer fits: A growing trend this winter is a modern slimmer-fitting suit. The two-button, side-vent, flat-front suit is the top choice right now and can be flattering for most men. Try top brands such as Calvin Klein, Lauren by Ralph Lauren, Kenneth Cole and Tommy Hilfiger.
About Men's Wearhouse
Since it was founded in 1973, Men's Wearhouse has become one of the largest specialty retailers of men's apparel in the country, with more than 1,000 stores carrying a full selection of designer and private-label suits, sport coats, casualwear, and accessories. Today, The Men's Wearhouse, Inc. family of companies includes Men's Wearhouse, MW Cleaners, K&G Fashion Superstore, TwinHill Corporate Apparel, and Moores Clothing for Men in Canada, making it one of North America's leading providers of quality and value in both apparel and apparel care. For additional information, please visit the company's Website at www.menswearhouse.com.
SOURCE Men's Wearhouse