MONTVALE, N.J., Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mercedes-AMG Driving Academy is gearing up for 2013 with a new schedule providing driving enthusiasts and AMG aficionados an opportunity from coast-to-coast to enhance their driving skills and push the most exclusive highest performance Mercedes-Benz cars to their limits at top tracks.
For those who crave a true connection with the road and the performance of an AMG hand-built engine across a broad spectrum of exclusive vehicles including the E63 AMG, SL63 AMG, CLS63 AMG, C63 AMG Coupe, SLK55 AMG and the iconic SLS AMG 'Gullwing', the 2013 AMG Driving Academy reaches four, highly acclaimed tracks.
- Road America (Plymouth, WI): April 24 – May 1
- Located in Wisconsin's scenic Kettle Moraine, the track is a new addition for the AMG Driving Academy in 2013. Recognized as one of the world's fastest and most challenging, and for its history of pro and amateur racing, Road America has exciting turns, curves and high speed straights following the sweeping, rolling hills of glacially-formed terrains that provide drivers with dramatic elevation changes.
- Road Atlanta (Braselton, GA): August 29 – September 4
- Voted one of America's best road courses by Car and Driver magazine, its 2.54 mile, 12 turn world class track is situated on 750 park-like acres in the rolling hills of Northeast Georgia and only 35 miles north of Atlanta.
- Lime Rock Park (Lakeville, CT): September 12 - 18
- Few tracks are as well known and loved. This classic 1.53-mile, 7-turn course, nestled in the Berkshire Mountains of northwest Connecticut continues to excite some of the world's best drivers since 1957.
- Laguna Seca Raceway (Monterey, CA): October 17 – 23, November 6 – 13, and December 4 - 10
- Located in one of North America's best destination locations -- the Monterey Peninsula, Laguna Seca features tremendous elevation changes, the famous Corkscrew complex and 2.24 sinewy miles.
Under the guidance of passionate, professional instructors and custom-designed exercises showcasing the dynamic driving capabilities of Mercedes-AMG models, the AMG Driving Academy program continues in 2013 with three offerings ranging from Basic to Advanced, and Pro levels:
- Basic Training ($1,795): A one day program designed to teach the fundamentals of performance driving dynamics and car control maneuvers using customized exercises that emphasize the power and handling capabilities of AMG vehicles. Drivers will also test their skills on the track at high speeds and during performance course competition.
- Advanced Training ($3,195): A two-day program that provides a deep level of technical driver training both on and off the track. The program picks up where Basic leaves off, offering more track driving to extract a driver's maximum potential in a performance driving setting.
- Pro Training ($3,995): The pinnacle of the AMG Driving Academy experience in the US. Comprised of three days of intensely focused instruction and technical skills reserved for the highest level of driving, Pro Training allows for maximum speed, challenges and thrills.
Additional components include complimentary registration at the AMG Driving Academy for new Mercedes-AMG vehicle owners. The AMG Driving Academy also offers gift certificates and is available for corporate events. Information and registration for the AMG Driving Academy is available at www.AMGacademy.com or by phone at 1-888-604-1766.
Mercedes-AMG is the high-performance subsidiary of the Mercedes-Benz Car Group and is headquartered in Affalterbach, Germany. AMG engineers lend the benefit of more than 45 years racing experience to the development of new Mercedes-AMG vehicles. Transmissions, brakes, aerodynamics, exhaust systems and, most importantly, the hand-crafted engine built and signed by an AMG Master Technician reflects AMG's holistic approach to performance.
By blending AMG genes with Mercedes DNA, AMG has delivered thrilling performance and exclusive refinement to discerning customers since the brand's introduction to the U.S. in 1995. http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/innovation/amg
SOURCE Mercedes-Benz USA