LOS ANGELES, Dec. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercury Insurance is ready to assist homeowner policyholders who have had to leave their homes or whose property has suffered fire damage from the Thomas, Creek and Rye fires. Mercury representatives are available to help with claims (http://www.mercuryinsurance.com/insurance-claims/how-to-file-insurance-claim.html), arrange for temporary housing and provide assistance with living expenses if policyholders suffer a covered loss or were forced to evacuate.
"Strong winds are rapidly spreading these fires in Southern California and we urge people to follow instructions given by authorities," said Mercury's Chief Claims Officer Randy Petro. "Mercury is here to help our customers as quickly as possible, with our claims team available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Policyholders affected by the Thomas, Creek or Rye Fire should call the Mercury Claims Hotline at (800) 503-3724 as soon as possible."
Californians can help spread this message by following @MercuryIns on Twitter and ReTweet: "Mercury policyholders impacted by the #wildfires call (800) 503-3724 to file a claim ASAP."
If a claim needs to be filed, Petro advises policyholders follow a few simple procedures to the process.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or video tapes of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep copies of communications between you and your adjuster.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home and provide copies to your adjuster.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and commercial insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook and follow the company on Twitter.
SOURCE Mercury Insurance