SAN FRANCISCO, April 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Medicalis, a leading provider of Enterprise Workflow Solutions, announced today that Mercy, the fifth largest Catholic health system in the U.S., has completed its enterprise-wide deployment of the Medicalis Workflow Solution in just under six months.
With Medicalis's enterprise workflow orchestrator, Mercy now has a fast and centralized image management system, connecting radiologists, clinicians and support personnel, to increase radiologists' workflow efficiency and improve patient care. The Medicalis solution connects and manages the flow of images on a single integrated platform across Mercy's 50 imaging facilities and soon for Mercy's Virtual Care Center.
Implementation of Medicalis Workflow Solution was part of a comprehensive PACS initiative to move Mercy to an integrated, centralized enterprise solution.
- Mercy's imaging services span four states, 50 locations – including 43 hospitals and seven outpatient facilities - and over two million annual exams.
- Medicalis Workflow Solution is integrated with Mercy's existing enterprise imaging platforms, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and vendor neutral archives (VNA).
- The flow of radiology studies from the disparate sites is now centralized, eliminating silos and automating radiologist reading across sites, radiology practices and legacy platforms.
- Mercy went from several different reading worklists to a single workflow orchestrator so Mercy can take advantage of economies of scale and skill.
- Medicalis is integrated across multiple instances of Mercy's EMR, providing a single unified workflow layer for imaging.
"The Medicalis team was lockstep with our staff and vendors for a smooth and efficient implementation," said Gil Hoffman, CIO, Mercy Technology Services. "Now, Mercy's radiologists are connected and can work more collaboratively thanks to a single enterprise system. It bridges imaging across Mercy so we can provide better care for patients."
"Medicalis is proud to partner with Mercy, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare" said Oran Muduroglu, President and CEO of Medicalis. "With Medicalis, Mercy now has an integrated, centralized Imaging Service Line that will deliver improved productivity, efficiency, and quality via sub-specialty reading by managing a collection of radiology departments as a single entity."
About Medicalis Imaging Workflow Solution
Imaging Workflow from Medicalis does three things: 1. Organizes and automates Radiologist reading across sites, radiology practices, and legacy platforms. 2. Optimizes clinical use of imaging with service line performance information that measures quality, value, and performance. 3. Orchestrates productivity, performance, and communication on a single integrated platform.
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2016 by Truven, an IBM company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 43 acute care and specialty (heart, children's, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Medicalis, headquartered in San Francisco, provides EMR-integrated, enterprise software designed to tackle the Imaging Service Line's top workflow challenges. Growth-minded regional Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) deploy our Imaging Workflow, Decision Support and Referral Management solutions to automate and manage workflow resulting in improved physician engagement, clinical collaboration, productivity and patient-centered care. For more information about Medicalis, visit www.Medicalis.com.