DETROIT, May 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Meridian Health Plan recognizes 21 Michigan primary care physicians (PCPs) as "Top Docs" for their outstanding commitment to providing the highest quality of care.
Through a selection process based on Meridian's 2015 Quality Incentive Programs, these PCPs were identified as providing outstanding primary care to Meridian members. The PCPs selected for this honor constantly surpass preventive care expectations.
"Meridian is proud to recognize our 'Top Docs' for providing high quality care to our members," said Kellie Rice, director of network development, Meridian Health Plan. "We value the partnerships we have with our providers which allow us to continue to excel in quality initiatives in the states that we serve."
The 2015 "Top Docs" are:
- Allegiance Pediatrics- Jackson, MI
- Besma Y. Mikhail- Sterling Heights, MI
- Brentwood Pediatrics, PC- Livonia, MI
- Bright Start Pediatrics PLLC- Hastings, MI
- Devyani Khambete, MD, PC- Waterford, MI
- Dr. Hikmat Gogue MD PC- Sterling Heights, MI
- Durdana Rehman, MD, PC- Sterling Heights, MI
- Family Tree Medical Associates- Hastings, MI
- Kidz 1st Pediatrics- Rochester Hills, MI
- Micheal Gambel, M.D.- Southgate, MI
- Mohamed Ayad, MD., PC- Dearborn, MI
- My Second Home Pediatrics, PLLC- Bingham Farms, MI
- Northpointe Pediatrics, PC- Warren, MI
- Oakwood Ambulatory, LLC- Canton, MI
- OPS Pediatrics, PC- Saginaw, MI
- Pediatric & Adolescent Advance Care- Grand Blanc, MI
- Pediatric Consultants of Troy, PC- Troy, MI
- Rekha Kostecke- Milford, MI
- Shoreline Pediatrics- Muskegon, MI
- Southfield Pediatric Physicians, PC- Bingham Farms, MI
- Thorrez Medical Practice PLC- Ypsilanti, MI
The Meridian Quality Incentive Programs paid over $8 million in quality bonuses to its contracted PCPs in 2015. Meridian's Quality Incentive Programs include the HEDIS® Incentive Program and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Incentive Program. These incentives reward physicians for completing important preventive care measures and working towards State or National PCMH designations.
"Meridian believes in quality above all else. These incentive programs are part of our strategy to ensure our members receive the highest quality of care, which could not be accomplished without the support and participation of our provider network," said Jon Cotton, president/COO, Meridian Health Plan.
To learn more about Meridian Health Plan visit: https://corp.mhplan.com/en/about-us/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/meridian-health-plan-awards-21-top-healthcare-physicians-300260810.html
SOURCE Meridian Health Plan