LONDON, July 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- accesso® Technology Group plc (AIM: ACSO), the premier technology solutions provider to leisure, entertainment and cultural markets, today announced the signing of an exclusive long term agreement with Merlin Entertainments Group Ltd to provide its fully hosted onsite ticketing and eCommerce solutions across the operator's global portfolio.
The initial contract term is for seven years and includes the installation and deployment of the hosted accesso Passport® ticketing solutions. The installation of the solutions will occur across three years and include more than 100 attractions around the world including such recognizable brands as LEGOLAND® Parks, Madame Tussauds™, SEA LIFE and The Eye Brand.
Under a pilot program, the accesso Passport ticketing solutions, which include onsite ticketing, online ticketing and access control, have already been installed in seven attractions across the Merlin portfolio and successfully demonstrated that the solution provides improvements to the guest journey.
"We have a great deal of confidence that Accesso's next-generation ticketing solution will improve the online guest booking journey for our guests and play a key role in our long term growth initiatives," said Nick Varney, Merlin Entertainments CEO. "Accesso is a unique and valued partner and their solution will allow us to provide a consistent, state-of-the-art ticketing experience to the millions of guests who enjoy Merlin attractions around the world."
"We are proud that one of the world's largest visitor attraction operators has selected Accesso as its global ticketing partner to improve the guest experience and streamline their operations," said Tom Burnet, accesso CEO.
About accesso® Technology Group
accesso (AIM: ACSO) is the premier technology solutions provider to the leisure, entertainment and cultural markets. Our patented and award-winning technology solutions drive increased revenue for attraction operators whilst improving the guest experience.
Our solutions add value to operators at every point of the guest experience with our technology facilitating the key points of contact with their many millions of guests.
- We drive attendance The accesso Passport® and ShoWare™ ticketing suites are comprehensive, easy-to-use cloud solutions that process tens of millions of tickets every year for assigned seat and general admission venues, enabling operators to maximize up-sell and cross-sell with ease to drive greater revenue.
- We handle payments Our payment gateway carries level 1 PCI security certification and 24/7 support. It provides the tools, security and support operators need to drive sales and has so far processed more than $5 billion in transactions.
- We take guests out of line Since 2001 more than 11 million guests have used a patented accesso LoQueueSM solution to queue less, ride more, enjoy a better experience and increase in-attraction spend.
- We simplify point-of-sale Our accesso Siriusware™ point-of-sale solution offers software modules that combine ticketing, membership, retail, food/beverage transactions, rentals, credit card processing and many other functions into a single system eliminating the need for separate systems and databases.
- We increase engagement accesso enables operators to engage more deeply and profitably with guests: pre-sale, in-attraction or post-visit. Our mobile apps have provided millions of guests with rich iOS and Android content to better plan their visit, buy their ticket on-the-go and unlock new experiences within an attraction.
More than 960 attractions and venues worldwide currently employ accesso technology – from theme parks, water parks, cultural attractions, live performance venues and sporting events to ski and snow parks. We are proud that our solutions are trusted by the majority of the leading names in the leisure industry, including Six Flags Entertainment, Cedar Fair Entertainment, Merlin Entertainments, International Speedway Corporation, Palace Entertainment, Compagnie des Alpes, and Herschend Family Entertainment.
accesso is a public company, listed on AIM: a market operated by the London Stock Exchange. For more information visit: www.accesso.com.
About Merlin Entertainments Group Ltd
Merlin Entertainments Group Ltd is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 110 attractions, 11 hotels/3 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors Worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and 26,000 employees (peak season).
Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.
SOURCE accesso Technology Group plc