CLEVELAND, March 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's IndustryWeek announces that MESA International is co-locating its annual North American Conference within the 2016 IW Manufacturing & Technology Conference & Expo (IW M&T Show).
Formerly known as the IW Best Plants Conference, the IW M&T Show increases the number of information sessions and exhibits dedicated to sharing how manufacturing companies leverage the latest technologies—3D printing, advanced robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data and analytics. IoT and connected devices are a major theme across Penton impacting many industry sectors including manufacturing.
With the co-location, the IW M&T Show gains the knowledge, skills and expertise of MESA International's global community—both attendees and presenters. The unique collaboration will deliver the information attendees need to create business value at the intersection where Manufacturing meetings Information Technologies.
The event will be held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center (Rosemont, Ill., USA) from May 3-5, 2016, and is now accepting registrations at www.mfgtechshow.com, where complete information about the event can also be found. Visit http://conference.mesa.org/en/ to learn more about MESA's North American Conference.
Themed, "Demystifying Smart Manufacturing", the co-located MESA conference is the premier event in North America on smart manufacturing. It features the following:
- A 6-session MESA "Smart Manufacturing" track will feature presentations from Cisco, Toyota, Keystone Foods, Genentech, SugarCreek, Continental Automotive, the Smart Manufacturing Leadership Coalition (SMLC) and MESA International.
- A MESA "Smart Manufacturing unConference" features sessions where attendees can speak with and ask questions of domain experts. At the unconference, attendees control the conversation and will get answers to their most pressing questions about Smart Manufacturing and transitioning their manufacturing business to meet demands of the new digital age.
- A MESA panel discussion, "Preparing for the Future Today--Public/Private Partnerships You Should Know About" features three organizations that are dedicated to helping manufacturers transition. They include: the Digital Manufacturing & Design Innovation Institute (DMDII), Smart Manufacturing Leadership Coalition (SMLC), and Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association (MESA). Moderated by IW Editor-in-Chief Patricia Panchak, the panel will show how these organizations helping manufacturing leverage the new technologies.
- A dedicated MESA "Smart Manufacturing Pavilion" at the IW M&T Show, brings together a powerful group of thought leaders, non-profits and industry-leading solution providers—all of whom are dedicated to helping manufacturers implement IT-based solutions.
"Manufacturers need answers. Where do today's Information Technologies fit in their production operations? What's new? What's real? What's just hype?" says Mike Yost, president of MESA International, on the decision to co-locate with IndustryWeek. "Our goal is to drive the discussions on the business value of 'Smart Manufacturing,' and we see collaboration with IndustryWeek as a stepping stone to driving the right conversations that industry needs to get real answers to real threats and opportunities."
"With MESA co-locating at the IW M&T Show, we're bringing together thought leaders and experts in implementing IT and other technologies, as well as operational leadership, workforce development and continuous improvement strategies and best practices," said IW Editor-in-Chief Patricia Panchak. "That's an unmatched mix of information for manufacturing decision-makings seeking to thrive in the Digital Age."
Highlighting the IW M&T Show agenda are keynote presentations from the leaders of leaders within manufacturing, including the following:
- Jamie Miller, SVP of GE and President & CEO of GE Transportation
- Michael Walton, Global Head of Manufacturing Industry, Google for Work
- Arnold Kamler, Chairman & CEO, Kent International
- Billy Taylor, Director of Manufacturing Commercial, Aviation, Off Highway & NASCAR Racing, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- A panel of Toyota Motor North America executives: Jeff Moore, Senior Vice President Unit Plants/Lexus Leader; Tim Platt, Group VP & Chief Divisional Office, and Trever White, Divisional Information Officer.
The event, which is expected to attract over 800 attendees, also offers:
- 8 in-depth, behind-the-scenes factory tours to choose from including Life Fitness, Siemens, Method Products, Parker Hannifin, and more (one tour is already booked to capacity!)
- 5 keynotes featuring thought leaders from world-leading companies, including GE, Toyota, Goodyear, Google and Kent International
- 6 tracks featuring 36 mission-critical best practices, from technology, leadership & innovation to talent and continuous improvement
- Numerous networking events where attendees can connect with presenters, collaborate with product and service providers, or trade war stories with peers.
The featured special event is a night out at the Hofbräuhaus Chicago, the first and only German microbrewery, beer hall, restaurant and beer garden in the city. Attendees experience the traditional Beer Hall bursting with live entertainment, and a chance to win an all-expense paid trip for two to Germany.
INDUSTRYWEEK lives and breathes transformational manufacturing. Decision-makers and disruptors turn to IW for the news, trends, strategies and best practices that help companies leverage talent and technology to achieve revolutionary leadership practices, business models, production systems, and products. Visit www.industryweek.com and www.mfgtechshow.com for more information.
Penton is an innovative information services company that empowers nearly 20 million business decision makers in markets that drive more than 12 trillion dollars in purchases each year. Our products inform with rich industry insights and workflow tools; engage through dynamic events, education and networking; and advance business with powerful marketing services programs. Penton is the way smart businesses buy, sell and grow.
Headquartered in New York, Penton is privately owned by MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co., LP. For more information, visit http://www.penton.com or follow us on Twitter @PentonNow.
MESA (Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association) International is a global, not-for-profit community of manufacturers, producers, industry leaders and solution providers who are focused on improving Operations Management capabilities through the effective application of Information Technologies, IT-based solutions and best practices. To accomplish this, we:
- Enable members to connect, contribute, cultivate understanding, and exchange strategies to drive operations excellence.
- Collect, share, and publish best practices and guidance to drive greater productivity and the overall profitability of the manufacturing enterprise.
- Educate the marketplace on manufacturing operations best practices through the MESA Global Education Program.
For more information about MESA, visit www.mesa.org.