LARKSPUR, Calif., March 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Metrodigi®, a leading digital content development and publishing company, today announced multiple additions to the company's executive team, including a new Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Content Officer and Chief Product Officer. These sweeping additions to the company's senior ranks represent investments Metrodigi is making to fuel aggressive growth plans across a variety of market sectors and to advance its mission of rewriting the rules of publishing.
"I'm excited to lead Metrodigi to the next level of growth, especially in key markets such as education, healthcare and corporate training," said Kathryn Stewart, CEO, Metrodigi. "To realize our goals we have recruited an all-star management team, and collectively we look forward to delivering new products and services that will enable publishers to develop innovative digital content more efficiently and affordably than ever before."
New members of Metrodigi's executive team include:
- Kathryn Stewart, Chief Executive Officer – Stewart has more than two decades of experience in operations management, editing and design within the publishing industry, and she is a recognized thought leader in the education industry. In her new role as CEO, she will be responsible for the strategic vision and operational success of Metrodigi. She was most recently Chief Operating Officer at the company, and previously held senior positions at Thompson and Cengage Learning prior to her tenure at Metrodigi.
- Warren Geddes, Chief Financial Officer – Geddes has more than 15 years of international experience in financial management for a diverse range of companies spanning finance, transportation and the technology industries. He will lead Metrodigi in raising capital to fuel the company's aggressive growth plans, and he will oversee accounting, financial planning and analysis.
- Ward Spangenberg, Chief Technology Officer – As CTO, Spangenberg will guide system architecture and development technology, as well as expanded capabilities for Metrodigi platforms, including Chaucer, the company's critically acclaimed, cloud-based authoring platform. Spangenberg previously served as a recognized technology leader for companies including Uber, Zynga, Apple and Microsoft, among others.
- Daryl Fox, Chief Content Officer – Fox has spent the past 30 years acquiring, developing, marketing and selling publishers' content worldwide. He will assume these same responsibilities as Chief Content Officer for Metrodigi. Fox previously held a variety of executive positions in the publishing industry, most recently at Pearson as well as educational technology company, CourseSmart.
- Trip Gould, Chief Product Officer – Gould has more than a dozen years of experience leading content and product development in the field of education. As a founder of Mobile reFactory and former professor at Azusa Pacific University and Pasadena City College, Gould brings a unique blend of skills to bear in blending art, technology and education into Metrodigi's renowned Chaucer platform. Gould will provide strong product direction for Chaucer, enabling the platform to further fulfill the company's mission and vision to empower content creators in building immersive and engaging experiences for learners everywhere.
Metrodigi will participate in the SXSW Interactive Festival, March 11-15, 2016, in Austin, TX. Please come visit us at booth #1030 to see our latest interactive framework, try a hands-on experience with our tools, and hear from our Product Gurus how interactivity is revolutionizing learning in all industries, for all people, and at all stages of life. Additionally, please visit our website at www.metrodigi.com to review our offerings and schedule a personalized demo.
Metrodigi is an industry leading digital content development and publishing company based in Larkspur, Calif. Metrodigi's cloud-based development platform, Chaucer, is the most powerful and versatile creation, conversion and workflow management tool in the digital publishing industry. Metrodigi specializes in highly-designed, interactive digital content creation for many of the largest publishers, media organizations and technology companies in the world. Metrodigi's software provides intelligent conversion to the industry standard EPUB3, and rapid interactivity deployment within a full-fledged authoring and content management application in the cloud. For more information, please visit www.metrodigi.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @Metrodigi, also on www.linkedin.com/company/metrodigi-inc
Chaucer TM & © 2016 Metrodigi, Inc. All rights reserved.