BALTIMORE, April 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MGH, a full-service marketing communications agency, today announced that it has won 20 ADDY Awards from the American Advertising Federation (AAF) of Baltimore. For the second consecutive year, MGH received the most awards of any agency, which included 11 Gold and 9 Silver for creative excellence on a variety of advertising campaigns conducted on behalf of clients. Gold awards will move on to the District ADDY's competition, which includes work from agencies throughout the region, including Washington, D.C. and New York.
Dave Wassell, senior vice president and associate creative director at MGH, served as this year's show chair, which paid homage to 1960s Madison Avenue with a "Mad Men"-style theme.
"We are honored to be awarded and recognized for our creative work on behalf of our clients, and to have helped put on this year's show – themed around one of our favorite industry-inspired TV shows, 'Mad Men,'" said Andy Malis, president of MGH.
The 2011 MGH ADDY Award winners are as follows:
- Towson University – "Thinking Outside"– Microsite
- Towson University – "Full Circle" – Webisodes
- Towson University – "Thinking Outside" – Campaign, Mixed/Multiple Media
- National Aquarium – "Just You and Them – Justice" – Print – Magazine
- National Aquarium – "Just You and Them – Emory" – Print – Magazine
- National Aquarium – "Just You and Them – Sam" – Print – Magazine
- National Aquarium – "Just You and Them – Amara" – Print – Magazine
- National Aquarium – "Just You and Them" – Campaign, Mixed/Multiple Media
- National Aquarium – "Just You and Them – Sam" – Out-of-Home
- National Aquarium – "Just You and Them" – Campaign, Single Medium
- MGH – MGH Holiday Card – "Drew" – Self-promotion
- Calvert School – "Calvert School View book" – Collateral Material, Brochure, Four-Color
- National Aquarium – "Just You and Them – Eddie" – Out-of-Home
- Ocean City, MD Dept. of Tourism – " Rodney" (campaign) – Regional/National TV Campaigns, Consumer Services
- Smyth Jewelers – "Forget Carats" – Outdoor Board, Flat
- Smyth Jewelers – "Give her a Spare" – Outdoor Board, Flat
- Smyth Jewelers – "Solar System" – Full Page, Less than Four-Color Consumer Publication
- Towson University – "Cherry Hill" – Local – Campaign
- Towson University – "Cherry Hill -- Results" – Cinematography
- Towson University – "Cherry Hill -- Healthcare" – Cinematography
The ADDY competition is the industry's largest and most representative competition – attracting more than 50,000 entries every year in local ADDY competitions. Gold winners from the show will automatically move on to the regional District Two competition, competing with agencies from Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, Virginia and Washington, D.C. A win at the District level guarantees moving on to the National ADDY Competition. National ADDY winners will be announced on June 4 in San Diego.
MGH is an integrated marketing and communications agency offering advertising, public relations, media planning/buying, creative design and production, interactive (design, development and marketing), market research, direct response, relationship marketing and social media marketing.
MGH maintains a diverse client base spanning multiple industries. Current clients include Marco's Pizza, Texas Instruments, Visit Baltimore, the National Aquarium, Baltimore International College, University of Maryland University College, Towson University, Nobel Learning Communities, Ocean City, Md., Department of Tourism, Smyth Jewelers, Bozzuto Homes, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, and City Cents.
Based in Baltimore, MGH is one of Maryland's largest agencies, with more than $65 million in annual billings. Visit http://mghus.com for more information on MGH and its services, or connect with MGH via: Facebook at http://facebook.com/mghus ; Twitter at http://twitter.com/mghus ; or YouTube at http://youtube.com/mghtv .