BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Dec. 14, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- First One Digital Publishing announces the company will go live on 1/11/11 by unveiling its robust e-Commerce website, its first release ebook catalog and the debut of the "First One Contest." First One Digital Publishing is a new brand of Publishing Company focused on publishing literary content exclusively over digital ereader formats. First One is owned by mgmt one, a premier full-service business advisory firm and led by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, Karen Hunter.
"The digital ice age has hit. And publishing, as we now know it, is the dinosaur," said Karen Hunter, president of First One Digital Publishing. "What will emerge from the thaw will be First One—a house that not just sees the future but will help usher it in." Karen is also co-author of numerous New York Times bestsellers, including Ladies First, On the Down Low, and Wendy's Got the Heat and publisher of Patti Labelle's latest cookbook, New York Times bestseller Mama Dearest by the late E. Lynn Harris, and Janet Jackson's True You (due out in 2011). First One Digital Publishing's goal is to be the first one to lead the charge in driving the ebook and digital content space across all digital formats exclusively over digital ereader devices.
"First One promises to shift the industry paradigm and put the power back in the hands of the story-teller vs. the story-seller. Our publishing house and business model will focus on creating partnerships with people who tell great stories, and people who are great stories, and put the power back in the hands of those who produce the content—the writers," adds Hunter.
For First One Digital Publishing, this partnership translates into a unique business model for the company, its authors and its distributor partners including:
- First One Digital Publishing remains committed to creating a new digital reading experience—including not just the ebook, but also promotional trailers, soundtracks, and brand marketing product placement opportunities to accompany its books.
- First One's ebooks will be made available across all digital formats as partnerships with ebook devices and retail partners are forged.
- First One Digital Publishing will be bolstered by a promotional partnership with Market America, one of the largest online retailers for consumers worldwide, featuring exclusive products and services, along with more than 3,000 partner stores (www.marketamerica.com). This partnership will consist of advertising and promotional assets from Market America to promote First One titles including a book signing and speaker engagement at Market America's World Conference in Miami for Glen Morisano, author of First One's title, "Good Cop, Bad Money."
- Authors will be contracted to be published and promoted with First One Digital Publishing and mgmt one's integrated Public Relations, Social Media, and Web and Media partners including Mall Breaks® that can promote new titles across 1,500 interactive video screens seen in high traffic malls across the country, which generate over 100 million advertising impressions per month.
- First One Digital Publishing's contracted authors will be invited to participate in a more transparent financial partnership beyond the older advance and royalty plan and receive about triple the royalty of the industry standard.
First One Digital Publishing has an expansive launch platform in the works as well as philanthropic initiatives including:
- First One Digital Publishing will launch the first of its innovative series of nationwide writing contests with a search for the next great fiction storyteller. This challenge culminates in a digital publishing deal and national marketing campaign for the winning author. Judged by a panel of celebrity experts and famed storytellers, our contests will bring new excitement to the world of publishing as we search for those next great authors. The contest is limited to completed fiction and nonfiction manuscripts of any genre between 35,000 and 80,000 words.
- On January 11, 2011, First One Digital Publishing will launch its "First One Digital App." This free download app will allow book clubs and reader groups to join the First One Book Club and give a sneak peak of upcoming First One titles, events and signings, invite readers to visit online to share book reviews, chat with authors, connect and run promotions including give-aways of e-readers each month.
- First One will also launch the First One Literacy Campaign to demonstrate the company's commitment to bolstering literacy levels by pledging free e-Libraries to under-performing public schools in New York City and nine other school districts throughout the country.
First One Digital Publishing content commitment is to focus on books that are relevant—from trendsetting topic-driven nonfiction to memoirs by the hottest celebrities to cutting-edge fiction, spiritual, inspiration, fantasy and mystery that appeals to this generation of readers. Further information and updates about First One Digital Publishing can be viewed at the company's website at www.firstonepublishing.com.
Until the official launch on 1/11/11, First One Digital Publishing is putting its thumbprint across the publishing industry this holiday season with a call to readers to join the "Digital Revolution" by registering at the company's website www.firstonepublishing.com to receive special offer incentives and by viewing and viral sharing the company's dramatic "Digital Revolution" campaign video across all means of social media.
ABOUT FIRST ONE DIGITAL PUBLISHING (www.firstonepublishing.com):
First One Digital Publishing is a new brand of Publishing Company focused on publishing literary content exclusively over all digital ereader formats and devices. Owned by mgmt one (www.mgmt-one.com), a premier full-service business advisory firm and led by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, Karen Hunter and co-author of numerous New York Times bestsellers, First One Digital Publishing's goal is to be the first heavily digitized publishing company to lead the charge in driving the ebook and digital content space across all digital formats. As a new business and publishing venture, First One will debut its library with full purchase and download capabilities on 1/11/11 and is currently acquiring exclusive digital publishing and ebook distribution rights with a rainbow of authors, who not only tell great stories, but who are great stories.
SOURCE First One Digital Publishing