MIAMI BEACH, Fla., April 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Over 800 guests will gather at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach on Saturday, May 7, 2016 as the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce honors five distinguished leaders of the community at its 94th Annual Dinner Gala and Silent Auction.
In addition to celebrating another successful year as an organization, the event is an annual fundraiser for the Chamber's 501(c)3 Education Foundation, which supports educational initiatives in the Miami Beach community. The gala, themed The Best is Yet To Come, is organized by a subcommittee Co-Chaired by Robin Jacobs and Sherry Kaplan Roberts.
This year's celebrated honorees include:
- Stuart Blumberg, Former President and CEO, Greater Miami & The Beaches Hotel Association, will receive the City National Bank Miami Beach Senior High Alumni Outstanding Achievement Award
- David Edelstein, President of TriStar Capital, will receive the Excellence in Tourism Award
- Pierluigi Gazzolo and Viacom International Media Networks will receive the Corporate Citizen of the Year Award
- Jonathan Plutzik, Owner, The Betsy - South Beach, will receive the Jan Pfeiffer Distinguished Service Award
- Stanley Whitman, Chairman Emeritus of Whitman Family Development LLC, will receive the Leonard A. "Doc" Baker Lifetime Achievement Award
The event is co-hosted by Chamber Chairman and SVP of Gibraltar Private Bank & Trust Michael S. Goldberg and WPLG Local 10 News reporter Erica Rakow. In February of 2016, at a Chamber event, Erica and her mother Toni Rakow-Lester were presented a key to the City of Miami Beach on behalf of slain Miami Beach Police Officer, Scott Rakow. Erica Rakow was 6 months old when her father, Miami Beach Police Officer Scott Rakow, died in the line of duty on July 1, 1988. The story of the 28-year-old officer gripped the region and thrust his family into the spotlight.
"This year's event will truly be a one of a kind experience showcasing the incredible life of Frank Sinatra who often performed to packed houses at the Fontainebleau," said Chamber Chairman & SVP of Gibraltar Private Bank & Trust Michael S. Goldberg. "I'm excited to celebrate the accomplishments that our award recipients have achieved to strengthen Miami Beach in their own unique way. I'm looking forward to hosting the event with Erica Rakow, whose father is a Miami Beach hero, who I was honored to have known."
For tickets and sponsorship opportunities, contact the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce at 305-674-1300.
About Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
The Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1921 to promote the economic well-being of Miami Beach's citizens, to improve the quality of life for the entire community, and to communicate the view of the business community on major issues of public policy.
SOURCE Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce