MCLEAN, Va., Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Miami (FL) Central, which travels to Georgia on Friday for one of the nation's most anticipated matchups with number six Grayson (Loganville, GA), remains the No. 1 team in this week's USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national high school football rankings for the 2012 season.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform which ranks every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.
Manatee (Bradenton, FL), which opens its season at home on Sunday against Miramar (FL), moved up one spot to No. 2 in the Super 25 following a 49-14 preseason beating of Osceola (FL).
Making its 2012 debut in the Super 25 is No. 11 Bishop Gorman of Las Vegas, NV, which defeated then-No. 9 ranked Good Counsel of Olney, MD 27-22 on Friday. Good Counsel drops to No. 20 this week.
Also making their first appearances in the Super 25 are 2-0 Butler (Matthews, NC) at No. 24 and Camden County (Kingsland, GA) at No. 25.
Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports high school football rankings, as determined by USA TODAY Sports.
USA TODAY High School Sports High School Football Super 25
For Week of August 27, 2012
- Miami (FL) Central, 0-0
- Manatee (Bradenton, FL), 0-0
- De La Salle (Concord, CA), 0-0
- Byrnes (Duncan, SC), 1-0
- Santa Margarita (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA), 1-0
- Grayson (Loganville, GA), 1-0
- John Curtis (River Ridge, LA), 0-0
- Carroll (Southlake, TX), 0-0
- Plant (Tampa, FL), 0-0
- Booker T. Washington (Miami, FL), 0-0
- Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV), 1-0
- Moeller (Cincinnati, OH), 1-0
- Trinity (Louisville, KY), 2-0
- Union (Tulsa, OK), 0-0
- Bellevue (WA), 0-0
- Cass Technical (Detroit, MI), 1-0
- Katy (TX), 0-0
- Trinity (Euless, TX), 0-0
- Eden Prairie (MN), 0-0
- Good Counsel (Olney, MD), 0-1
- Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA), 0-0
- Lake Travis (Austin, TX), 0-0
- Central Dauphin (Harrisburg, PA), 0-0
- Butler (Matthews, NC), 2-0
- Camden County (Kingsland, GA), 1-0
Dropped out from last rankings: No. 16 Gilman (Baltimore, MD), No. 17 Oscar Smith (Chesapeake, VA) and No. 25 Bingham (South Jordan, UT).
For more information on the Super 25, visit USA TODAY High School Sports.
About the USA TODAY Sports Media Group
The USA TODAY Sports Media Group encompasses all sports initiatives across USA TODAY, as well as Gannett Co. Inc.'s 81 community newspaper properties and 23 broadcast television stations. It also includes the sports photography service U.S. Presswire, USA TODAY High School Sports and USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
SOURCE USA TODAY High School Sports