LAS VEGAS, July 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Micro Focus (LSE: MCRO;NYSE: MFGP) today announced that Micro Focus Data Protector now offers comprehensive protection for applications deployed in HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack. Data Protector now extends the reach of its highly scalable and secure backup and disaster recovery solution and its best-in-class integration capabilities with HPE storage to span hybrid cloud environments.
Organizations are increasingly moving critical applications and data into the cloud, and the need to provide the right protection for applications – both on-premises and on the cloud – is paramount. Using advanced data protection techniques, Data Protector enables backup lifecycle management, single item recovery, and advanced application integration for HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack. The fully integrated solution helps organizations take advantage of the solution in hybrid environments, enabling seamless protection of data and applications running on-premises and on the cloud.
"Micro Focus and HPE have partnered to deliver advanced data protection capabilities for customers taking advantage of the flexibility and cost savings from private and public clouds," said Rahul Tripathi, Vice President, ITOM Product Management at Micro Focus. "Micro Focus Data Protector, our backup solution for Azure Stack, enables enterprises to confidently move their critical applications and complex business services into the cloud."
"While VMs find a new home on Azure Stack, with Micro Focus Data Protection they can be protected at a location of your choice," stated Natalia Mackevicius, Director, Azure Stack at Microsoft Corp. "Data Protector's integrations with Azure Stack provide the intelligence and automation required for protecting data in dynamic environments while managing centrally. When the VM's move, your backup data can be moved with them, accelerating your trip to the cloud."
The capabilities of the Micro Focus Data Protector solution for hybrid cloud include:
- HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack integration, with seamless protection for hybrid cloud data and applications. No plug-ins or complex integration is required to implement the Micro Focus and HPE solution, simplifying the backup and restore process.
- Support of multiple backup topologies, regardless of agent or agentless deployment, on premise or cloud. Unlike "one-size-fits-all" solutions, Data Protector accommodates diverse environments and adapts over time to meet evolving organizational needs.
- Usage of existing backup infrastructure, including processes to preserve investments and reduce costs associated with training and reskilling. Data protector maintains protection of existing infrastructure while fully integrating with new technologies like Azure Stack throughout any transitions.
- Application-specific backup, providing application consistency, data integrity and recoverability for the most critical business applications, including Exchange and Microsoft SQL. The advanced recovery options include granular recovery, point-in-time recovery, and availability group support.
- Advanced analytics and monitoring, which measures the effectiveness of meeting service level agreements in fast-paced hybrid cloud environments. Clear insight into backup status ensures there are no gaps in your protection coverage, and shows if any processes are not running or completing as scheduled. Analytics determine resource utilization hot spots and allow for infrastructure cost and performance optimization.
- Enhanced data security and compliance, including secure peering and centralized command and execution controls, which provide reliable backup for workloads in both public and hybrid cloud. In light of GDPR, Data Protector helps maintain compliance and focus on data accessibility.
Micro Focus is leading the way helping customers protect their data when taking advantage of the flexibility and cost savings from private and public clouds. A recent solution paper from the Taneja Group highlights and confirms the suitability of the Micro Focus and HPE solution. Their market analysis showed that over 50% of companies are using or planning to use Azure within the next two years, and 80% of organizations are already in the process of a move to hybrid cloud infrastructure. Taneja Group's detailed analysis of Micro Focus Data Protector concluded it makes "…an ideal solution for protecting an organization's key information assets in an HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack hybrid cloud setting."
About Micro Focus Data Protector
Data Protector offers highly scalable and secure backup and disaster recovery solution for enterprise environments; its integrated management and analytics capabilities simplify backup, recovery and security administration, providing enterprise-wide insights while reducing costs.
Availability and Additional Information
Data Protector 10.04 was released in May 2018 with future updates expected to be delivered on a quarterly release cycle. Micro Focus offers special MSP contracts and pricing, along with alliance services and backend support. Customers will have the choice of service provider in-region and in-country to fulfil the compliance of data sovereignty laws.
About Micro Focus
Micro Focus is a leading global enterprise software company uniquely positioned to help customers extend existing investments while embracing new technologies in a world of Hybrid IT. Providing customers with a world-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable solutions with analytics built-in, Micro Focus delivers customer-centered innovation across DevOps, Hybrid IT Management, Security & Data Management, and Predictive Analytics. For more information visit www.microfocus.com.
Bret Fitzgerald, Micro Focus
SOURCE Micro Focus